Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Making H-Fuel non-tradeable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am in the process of preparing a Gas Mining Mod for submission to the developers.

Part of this process is considering how to implement the economic side of things. To this end - what would people think if H-Fuel was no longer buyable from bases?

This means if you wanted to have some for RP purposes - you would have to buy it off someone else, pirate it, or go out to a Gas Miner and mine it yourself (the fields have a default drop rate).

Note - this only means non-buyable, not non-sellable!

What do you think?
Out of RP, I suppose I could see how this would work.

Though what would happen within RP if every base suddenly ran out of H-fuel?
Not every base displays Oxygen and water for sale either. This is directed at players having access to H-Fuel as an RP commodity.
There was a lot of work done to make it tradeable... can't you just use a different commodity for it?
From the very first incarnation of Discovery, there has been a lot of work gone into the economy.

It is a work in progress, both now and into the future.
I still disagree with this to be honest... GMG are already going to get a different commodity for mining without raping H-Fuel trading. I'd rather be able to choose if I want to trade H-Fuel or mine something as GMG, rather than be forced to just mine.
From what I recall of the infocard, H-fuel is a mix of hydrogen, deuterium, and helium (or something similar). The GMG mines individual chemicals from the gas fields, primarily hydrogen and helium, and then turns these chemicals into refined H-fuel at their bases.

It might make more sense to simply make the gas fields in the sigmas drop those commodities, rather than h-fuel itself.
' Wrote:From what I recall of the infocard, H-fuel is a mix of hydrogen, deuterium, and helium (or something similar). The GMG mines individual chemicals from the gas fields, primarily hydrogen and helium, and then turns these chemicals into refined H-fuel at their bases.

It might make more sense to simply make the gas fields in the sigmas drop those commodities, rather than h-fuel itself.

I do henceforth agree with Tenacity.

Rhyme?
' Wrote:From what I recall of the infocard, H-fuel is a mix of hydrogen, deuterium, and helium (or something similar). The GMG mines individual chemicals from the gas fields, primarily hydrogen and helium, and then turns these chemicals into refined H-fuel at their bases.

Agreed. Or some type of raw H-Fuel......raw fuel or unrefined H-fuel?
I did suggest Helium-3 during the 'Name that Gas' thread.

It is the one ingredient in H-fuel you cant get elsewhere (Zoners can get deuterium, the other key ingredient).
Pages: 1 2