Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to join the Phantoms?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello,

I was wondering how players can join the Phantom faction if there is no recruitement channel.I would like to see some answers.Thanks :rolleyes:
They are invite only.
Thank you Dieter, for your never-ending well of wisdom and helpfulness.

Anyways, what Dieter surely tried to say, but his politeness wires got terribly crossed, is that the Phantoms recruit based on invites, but there is also the possibility of contacting the Phantom leadership and applying. If they find you acceptable, you might get in.
I'm, of course, not promising anything, and it's no easy thing to do, for each Phantom is entrusted with a lot of power in comparison with some of the other factions.
This is what i think.. how do get in..

Start Freelancer > Multiplayer > Internet > Discovery GC server > New Char > (bad ass name) > start RPing maniac > do it extremely good > get noticed > do some forum RP with it.. > try defeating navy all by your self > if you dont get in then you done something wrong go all over again...

I think i was helpful,
ktnxbai
Nope, wrong. Easiest way to do it is to seek out a Phantom in game and roleplay with 'em. Just make sure you do something unique, and there's a chance they might be in a bad mood anyway effectively making your efforts a waste of time as you'll end up dead in about five seconds.
Swift

My answer is accurate. Yours is not. Brief does not equal rude.

The phantom leadership get PM's to join a lot. They don't accept. Your advice "but there is also the possibility of contacting the Phantom leadership and applying. If they find you acceptable, you might get in." is useless because that is not how they do things.

Tycho's advice is somewhat more useful.

Saint Smith is not offering advice. He is offering useless posturing.

And for the record, I do not have a Phantom.
Simple answer: Be the best. Be nice to people, practice and execute good roleplay, be selfless.

Hopefully Karma will swoop around and do you a favour.

But do this first, question yourself on how much it really matters to you, and if you really wanna go through with it.

Hell of a alot of hard work and wasted time if you decide you don't like every lawful force within 5 systems chasing you with pitchforks.
' Wrote:Why on earth would you want to be one. You would be commented like the few posts above me. You would get whined at in game and on the forums, you would be accused for not being able to rp while getting shot at by seventeen people, you would be complained about when you score a kill and simply be pissed off.
Yeah... Phantoming is phun.

EDIT: Oh, AJ is posting... *Enter generic "I hate Phantoms" here*
Invite only, but, unless I'm very much mistaken, roleplaying with one (and doing so well) could potentially mean that the Phantom in question will recommend you for an invitation.
At least, I think that's how it works in most cases.
' Wrote:Hell of a alot of hard work and wasted time if you decide you don't like every lawful force within 5 systems chasing you with pitchforks.

Isn't that how the Liberty Rogues feel? And they don't have any amped up versions of the best weapons in the game.

Anyways. To get in the Phantoms you need to be lucky, simply put. Either know the right people or whine a lot.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6