Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Dock-ramming technique?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After a nice little skirmish I had to run from in Dublin the other day, something struck me for the first time, people the Falcatas were trying to ram my Mining Ship as I was docking with a base. This caused my ship to skip about the place as it attempted to dock with the non-quick port.

So, has anyone else seen this or was it just a buggy day for me? If it does exist, whats your opinion of it?

Sure, we're invincible when the docking sequence finally takes place (as in-cut scene style) but what about when your red lights are on and the auto pilot is trying to get you into place?
' Wrote:After a nice little skirmish I had to run from in Dublin the other day, something struck me for the first time, people the Falcatas were trying to ram my Mining Ship as I was docking with a base. This caused my ship to skip about the place as it attempted to dock with the non-quick port.

So, has anyone else seen this or was it just a buggy day for me? If it does exist, whats your opinion of it?

Sure, we're invincible when the docking sequence finally takes place (as in-cut scene style) but what about when your red lights are on and the auto pilot is trying to get you into place?

It's a tactic I use from time to time. Most of the time, once your into the cut scene, it will pull you through either way, the tactic is hoping to push you before you get to that point, making it harder for you to get into the actual docking sequence.

I sometimes ram a Transport while Piracy if it sits close to the Gate. In a sudden moment he would just dock and fly off.

That's why the Ramming Rule only applies to Battleships and Cruisers. You can use it as Technique, the Rule prevents Light Fighters running around in a big Skirmish and ram the Battleships.
Hmm so it isn't unknown then. Its just a bit annoying trying to dock in a Mining ship fending off two Falcatas and a Outcast Gunship is all.
I'd claim this is against the rules. There's a reason you arent allowed to ram capital ships, the mining ship is just as big as a cruiser, bigger than some even.

Besides, it's OORP, no self respecting bomber pilot would smash his ship into something far larger, he'd end up dead.
Ramming isn't exactly roleplay, shields are only really supposed to defend against guns/energy blasts of sorts by absorbing the blows. I'd like to see a shield absorb a blow from an asteroid at cruise speed, it just doesn't seem right.
Knowing the quickdock points on the ship one is flying and the quick dock point on the base type is the key.
' Wrote:I'd claim this is against the rules. There's a reason you arent allowed to ram capital ships, the mining ship is just as big as a cruiser, bigger than some even.

Besides, it's OORP, no self respecting bomber pilot would smash his ship into something far larger, he'd end up dead.

Ramming Transports and Freighters is allowed by the rules.
You can turn them around until doomsday if they try to dock somewhere and you want them to stay in space.

Rule 5.4 states that you are not allowed to ram capital class vessels by intention.
Gunboats Cruisers Battleships.

Malexa
Well it's a bit of a loophole I think the admins thought nobody would ever really have any use for.
I'd say it would be taking advantage(abusing) of the game mechanics; and well, oorp. Still unless there's a rule against it some people will defend it as a valid tactic
Pages: 1 2