Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Something with civilian turrets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello Discovery, your favourite <strike>Taylor Swift fanboy</strike> <strike>constructive member of the forums</strike> guy with colourful avvie and sig who always posts in bright pink is back from a brief absence!

Now as I understand there are no Class 5 Civilian turrets? *looks up Disco Wiki* Except from that horrible Purple Goddess which is hugely energy inefficient and awful DPS. Anyone care to provide a valid reason for the absence of these? Please don't give me that "ONOES UR CIVVIE U HAS CRAPPY GUNS" argument, I'm sick of it.

Infact, freighters and some fighters can mount Class 5 turrets but Civilian tech users like Freelancers or Mercenaries would have to apply for faction weapons or risk a tech chart violation.

Take the Class 4 Adv. Deb turrets for an example. Debilitators are the most commonly used shieldbusters in the Sirius due to their accessability. However, there're no Class 5 variants of it. That 200 DPS or so can make the difference in a fight, trust me. So why isn't there a Class 5 Deb?

This is not a "BUFF CIVVIE GUNS" thread, it's rather a "GIVE CIVVIE GUNS MORE VARIETY" thread, m'kay?

Oh and please try not to descend into the fiery depths of hell, I know how Disco forums works by now. Just not that soon m'kay?
Damn it, I wanted to create this thread. Ninja'd.

Of course, /signed. Civie line weapons really need more choice.
I do agree. There should be atleast class 5 civi turret,and 1 class 9 civi gun for every house. Maybe a tad less powerful then the Military guns/turret's, but atleast have the option there so peep's need not ask factions for weapons. Look at all the freighters out there. No class 9 guns,or turrets for them,IF they want to RP a house frieghter.(yes can use Purple's) So maybe in 4.86 we get some more civi stuff for frieghter's,and even freelancer's/merc's(even though i hate em they deserve to have weapons).
Also concur. This always confused me, what with the abundance of Class five slots on ships only to ever find class fours or PGs.

Magoo! approves of this request.
/signed.

Hopefully this is lighten the load a bit for weapon requests sent to faction leaders:)
Purple Goddesses are better than Heavy Flashpoints.

And as far as civilian guns go, there's no other options for the turret.

I want better civilian guns, but as it is you've got two options and both suck.
/signed

A lvl 5 Deb turret would make having on on a Sabre actually worth it.
Oh. Pulse guns. I keep forgetting we don't have a C5 civilian pulse turret.

So, yeah. That'd be nice.
What's Renzu doing these days anyway? Sitting on their fat stacks o' cash after the success of the Wasp?

And what about Agiera? We get it. Lane parts are important, ok? Now make some weaponry!

And Kishiro seems to be doing quite well... c'mon fellas, time to step up.

Someone make it happen!
Not Civvy, Generic.

But yes, more decent Generics.
Pages: 1 2 3