Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction subforum idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just sort of came to mind, but I noticed that we have faction creation requests, recruitment, and feedback in the faction subforum.

Well just about everyone does a faction rollcall once in a while, why not have them all be organized in one place...maybe a faction rollcall subforum in with the other ones?

Just a suggestion.

It should keep things a little neater, and allow people in multiple factions to check in without roaming around as much.
A rollcall section is good. But since you can't guarantee that everyone in an official faction uses the forums, for example us the ZTC primarily uses our own forums over at freewebs, it won't be an accurate record of faction members.
So? It doesn't have to be any more accurate than current faction rollcalls on the main forums. Point remains that there's a lot of rollcall threads "clogging up" the Faction subforum, more than enough to justify their own subforum.

Good idea, I'm surprised no one has thought of this before...
I thought of this when I did the re-organization, and I came up with "it's not done consistently enough to warrant its own subforum."

Yes, right now there are a lot of rollcalls, but I therorize that when the admins stop slaying factions the amount of rollcalls will plummet and no longer 'clog' the Factions Forum.
eh I like this idea to give all official factions their own sub-forum. It gives more organization for one.

and two it is much easier to members, potential members, and the general disco community to search up info on the faction.

This is better than factions having their websites because factions are seperated from the rest of the community if they had a private website, such as the recent move for the [RM]. I believe the faction has been connecting to the disco community much better than before
Do you realize how huge that would get Azn? There are currently ~70 official factions. 70 subforums?!? No thank you. Good idea, but impractical.
It could be reduced from faction specific to role based sub-forums, Bretonia Unlawful, Rheinland Unlawful, Liberty Lawful, etc.
I'd rather see an "Unofficial Faction Introduction" Subforum of some sort. It seems that Unofficial Faction intros pop up considerably more consistantly and often than Rollcalls. And the way things are now, your faction idea gets buried really quickly, and unless you keep bumping and bumping it, which is rather annoying, it'll go unnoticed for... forever.
70 subforums are really easy to setup.

And it would eliminate different threads of roll calls that are scattered.

As for using other forums...while it it a good idea for origination , it can bite a faction in the tail when 'the community' suddenly gets it in it's head that your faction is no longer active.

Your faction is judged by it's online activity AND the amount of posts it makes here on discogc forums.
' Wrote:eh I like this idea to give all official factions their own sub-forum. It gives more organization for one.

and two it is much easier to members, potential members, and the general disco community to search up info on the faction.

This is better than factions having their websites because factions are seperated from the rest of the community if they had a private website, such as the recent move for the [RM]. I believe the faction has been connecting to the disco community much better than before
I agree here,but part of this subforum must be invisible for the non-members.Every faction must have its secrets, and that's why people use external forums/sites. I know that would make significant traffic load to the forum too.This will be the negative effect. It will be much more cleaner if faction presentations are not in the same topic too.But even now is good enough you can find everything that you need. It will be interesting to receive feedback from the Admins about the traffic restrictions and from the Faction Leaders about their ideas.
Pages: 1 2