Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A game-technical question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A lot of trader faction corrupt in name but they do fair business. We not. Some of us try to make the DHC as a real profit oriented, corrupt and dirty corporation in acts and politics not just in words. We are loyal just to investors, shareholders not to Rheinland - just in propaganda. One part of this RP make business contract with the enemy, if it bring a real profit as a lot of corporation do this in RL. Of course not openly but "secretly". In RL the corporations use a 3rd partner, a mediator, a subsidiary, or they buy another company and behind its name do their dirty deals. This is what I wanna do here if its possible. The Gateway Interstellar lost his status, inRP we can say - bankrupted. Its ok because Bretonia start to lose the war against Kusari and the economy worse and worse there, but this is good business to all foreigner corporation invest there, because all cheap (or should be, like in RL). The Gateway exactly that transport company what we wanna buy up, with the company we buy shipping routes - this is the real goal. We need to bring niobium, beryllium to Rheinland, and export our coppers to Liberty. Under Daumann flag we cant do this, but if we use our bought Gateway company, no problem. Of course this remain in secret inRP. So the question is: can DHC buy up Gateway Interstellar? Of course 500 mill ready and at least 5 member not a problem too. I know I can do this by myself, creating a non-official gateway faction what we use up for trading the enemy, but I better like this way, buying up a company what ever existed. The question is: what is the method exactly - not clear because it will be an unique thing, and if Gateway Interstellar re-gain his official status, it will act as a part of Daumann company - of course inRP its an independent bretonian company everyone's eye. Noone else just Bretonia Government know how a Rheinland company own the biggest ownership part.
I would say no personally. Simply because it will mean Gateway is suddenly part of Daumann and that does have a negative impact on the houses they are in.

Gateway being bankrupt is also something that I disagree on. Just because it isn't official doesn't mean the entire faction is dead. The Council in Gallia had no official faction for a while, I think it has one now though. Was it dead before it became official?
I wouldn't allow you to alter the games lore because faction has no representatives. Sadly, trade corporations are only getting a boost recently, and I wouldn't love two trade factions having same members.

Now, is your DHC even official? Just asking

Second thing is... an advice I have to give to you.
Please... And this isn't insult. Break text.
Break it.. Into sentences and then break those sentences in groups.
After you finish your thought, and want to move to second "group" hit enter. It makes reading your posts easier.

You don't say dumb things, but it's hard to read them while your text format is like that
' Wrote:Now, is your DHC even official? Just asking
Well yes DHC is official, much longer than Kishiro. And I talked about exactly an ex-player faction, not a whole Gateway ID. If anyone wanna create another faction what use Gateway ID, thats his business. When D: borned, I learned no limit the same ID user factions number.

Edit: Of course the another way is a brand new Gateway faction, what we found, but I feel its not necessary if we had a good old one.
but you would create a clash.

Let's say you want to create a Gateway company, and buy it as DHC.
Sure, but you cannot make that Gateway - the official Gateway company because, I am sure, Bretonnia would interfere and wouldn't let Gateway go.

If another group creates Gateway, they'll surely be able to get official status, while you will have hard time convincing admins / devs and the rest into why would Gateway be sold to DHC and not.. Interspace for example.
If you however do buy a branch of Gateway, wouldn't they be under DHC id?

Sorry for being rude about your officiality, I just haven't seen so many of you around to know. But thats my bad.
Just popping in to say a little thing about GI.
Thing was, Gateway Interstallar was the whole of Gateway, as you can see if you read the faction description(see sig). And as also said in there, it was operating with a mind against corruption, and with the best interest of Bretonia in mind. (Buchanan went about that)
While this might be different than the vanilla description (corrupt etc), GI wouldn't do that.
' Wrote:Just popping in to say a little thing about GI.
Thing was, Gateway Interstallar was the whole of Gateway, as you can see if you read the faction description(see sig). And as also said in there, it was operating with a mind against corruption, and with the best interest of Bretonia in mind. (Buchanan went about that)
While this might be different than the vanilla description (corrupt etc), GI wouldn't do that.
Yes sure, my DHC- represented the whole Daumann, thought until Dusty dont came with D: team. And the original leadership of GI is gone with their ideas, and the new can select new way to this company - like in RL. Of course we keep this idea - its a good propaganda, sounds good on medias and advertisements I think;).
The original leadership is still around. Being unoffical != dead. We're still around. We all just have too much going in our lives to devote the time needed to keep official status.
GI, like Jovial say's, is still around. Its just that we are very busy peeps right now but in the near future i'm sure we will ask for our officialdom to be restored.:D
Well, there are a couple of issues here:

1. Daumann hostile takeover: This is impossible by virtue of vanilla and Disco RP. Gateway is allied with ALG, loosely with Kruger, and closely with IMG - all of them arch-competitors if not enemies to Daumann. There is simply no way to work this out. Moreover, as I think has been mentioned, there would have to be agreement by the Bretonian government, which I can assure you would be nigh to impossible.

2. Replacing the player faction: By all legalities, this is allowable. We aren't official, we can't officially represent the NPC faction. No doubt about that.

But we are still a faction, albeit an unofficial one. We do still exist as a player organization, and we even have a couple of new members. More importantly, though, we are still continuing almost two years of roleplay. While nothing in server rules would prohibit you from attempting a new, official Gateway faction, I think the community would ask whether you've consulted with those who have been, and continue for all intents and purposes to be, Gateway on this server. To simply trample over us in order to replace us, while legal, would not be looked upon too kindly. At least that's my impression of the community.
Pages: 1 2