Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good time all! Snoozzzer here, or Mal as I've been calling myself in game ( I blame firefly )
Been flying 2 months now in various disguises, and getting more into . . proper? RPing ingame and thought I should take that here too.
Callsigns - characters . .
px|Mal.Chesire
prospects group [VHF] [G] too
Snoozzzer
my . . character I started off in. Currently . . does nothing but hang around in liberty, mostly. though was a miner and in the navy for . .. . 3 hours
j-bird
Junker Salvager. Will . . eventually try to join the congress
Le_Mallard
Zoner whale. The most fun so far, despite the lack of guns, limitations of id and whatnot.
Mal.Castle
Truly awful Liberty Rogue, who sits on gates and lanes, saying "Good day there!" and "Safe travels". Doesn't have the heart to rob and pillage

On second thought, linking them all together might not have been the wisest move . . . oh well.
So yeah, hope to be posting more and I'll see some of you in Sirius!

~snoozzzer
Yo. Always good to see a firefly fan:D
Mal Castle. Hehe
' Wrote:Mal Castle. Hehe

Ohhh Shiz, i just got that ><
Hiya i've seen you around alot infact i've seen you in most all your chars,

Welcome to disco mate
Welcome to Discovery!
Well, I've seen you px| guys when I was still in IMG|, good to see more and more of you are joining forums as well. Your other chars (Specially the rogue) sound fun as well! Keep up the good work:)

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID ? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment ? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
When you are In Game and need help, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Welcome in the forums!
Thank you all!

I've been trying hard to read / understand the rules and tech chart - still don't see how white boxes work for independents, but oh well.

Want to get into the Role playing hub . . any advice for someone who's . . never done something like that before?
White boxes, you have to ask the Official Faction in charge of that NPC faction. IE: Ask the Zoner Alliance for Zoner tech.

Best advice I can give you forum RP wise, is write it like a story. Try not to direct other players characters too much, and not at all if possible, unless they say you can.
Well, Bob said it all, but still:
Best way of getting a Weap/Ship from White Cells is Posting a RP Transmission to the holding faction on Communication Channel, and Asking for what you want, Also telling them Why exactly you need it and how it would help their faction to give you what you want.
And also, If you dont know what to do in RP Hub, Just read some of the threads already there, You'll get it soon enough, Good Luck;)
Pages: 1 2