Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cheating: How far does it go?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
well there are clientside options in the mod options, so compared to that it wont cause lag(the view distance thing).
Well, no playerwipes. NO. I just suggest we go and pin something that says "NO CLIENTSIDE MODS, PPLES!!!!!!1111", or something with a relative amount of gusto.

And don't sell out Administrators, Lord Virus, they've still got FLHOOK:P
I know this is veering away from the original topic, but when the new Discovery comes out, won't we have a player wipe anyway?
How about include the new cheat-detector with that update?
We won't be having any player wipes unless strictly necessary. It's not necessary for now.
And amen to that.
If you replace the old file with a new one (IE no editing of other stuff), unless its a massive chnage (Like say engine effects), then it shouldnt cause lag. Its like my re-skins. they dont cause lag, yet they can be considered clientside mods (Its only re-skins, and I got permission to do them.) Engine effects may, and I can understand that. As for the HUD, I dunno why. I personally used FW Jade hud for a long time until I wiped my compy and never had lag and never caused lag...
the engine color thing does not cause lag with me.
I don't use clientside mods, never found them, never used them once. I think everything is fine as it is...

And god forbid a player wipe. I have over 5000 NPC kills and I wanna keep it that way.
' Wrote:I don't use clientside mods, never found them, never used them once. I think everything is fine as it is...

And god forbid a player wipe. I have over 5000 NPC kills and I wanna keep it that way.
:P

As long as the ship re-skins continue to show no signs of creating lag (As I mentioned before, they dont), then that business is still open.

Unless you do something massive, there should be no lag. I even used custom HUDs for a long time and still would be using them, but I cant re-download FreeWorlds 1.66 cause Alderbaran pulled the friggin plug. Its not on Lancers by his request and the A** pulled the plug on the new 1.68 mod and killed it. Not to mention, now you cant download 1.66 or 1.65, or even 1.64 I believe.

Complete jerk, sorry bout my rant.

Back to the topic, Some client side mods are BAD (like speed hacks). Others are harmless, and even help to boost gaming enjoyment (Ship Re-skins/custom HUDs). As long as people dont abuse the fact that you can use some Client side mods (Custom HUD/Re-skin), then there wont ever be a problem. If people start abusing it and the Admins have to do something about it, then I lose my Ship Skinning business:(And that would make me very angry:angry:
ok the subject was : Cheating: How far does it go?

Until you get banned,

cheers
Pages: 1 2 3