Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Re-Designing the Spyglass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You probably know the Spyglass, don't you? It's that huge Lane Hacker Battleship, actually one of the biggest Battleships in the Game right now. It also is an Import from Star Wars. As far as I know the official Factions didnt want to replace the Spyglass, because they feared that the Ship will be spammed. But now, since unlawful Capital Ships need to be requested and the Leaders have to read through the Resquest before the Ship wont be spammed by Idiots.

What I thought about was to have two slightly different Models. Since it is a Prototyp it is a unique Ship, but I think the Infocard also says that the Hackers built different Capitals, which used the Technology they gained from the Original.

So having a normal, huge Ship which could actually be strong like the Osiris to defend Leniex would be damn cool. It is a Guard System, and it is not like People are able to attack Fort Leniex anyway. The Developer is able to let his Fantasy take over. The Spyglass is an Ex-Liberty Navy Ship, so it has to look like one. For example Jinx' Model of a new advanced Ship.

The second Model would be the actual Ship. Downgraded, with a bit Hacker Shipline Feeling, but still looking like the Original.

I hope the official Factions (Lane Hackers, Hellfire Legion and I think Vargant Raiders too) will support that. Maybe I will even throw in some Cash as a Reward for the Developer.
I'm fairly sure that there's already a model made.
Or several.
I don't know why everyone is so hell-bent on replacing imports.

The ship is iconic (Not just in Starwars) and loved by many. The model is already awesome, why would you want to change it?

Could you not just add to the fleet with a new and improved design? Re-designing models for no reason apart from the fact it is an import is a waste of time. But I am all for a new model being added.

If I understand correctly, it would cost more (role-play wise) to de-commission an already expensive military vessel and design, build and deploy a new one.

It would make more sense to "dispatch the new and improved" and pull back the "old technology" for less intensive duties.

The current Spyglass doesnt fit into it's Role at all and the Texture it has is actually pretty bad. Especially the darker Parts. The Ship is also huge, and with huge I mean damn huge. I think there have been Discussions about that too.

If there are already Models for a new Spyglass, then I havent seen those or heard about them.
' Wrote:The current Spyglass doesnt fit into it's Role at all and the Texture it has is actually pretty bad. Especially the darker Parts. The Ship is also huge, and with huge I mean damn huge. I think there have been Discussions about that too.

If there are already Models for a new Spyglass, then I havent seen those or heard about them.

I personally think all imports should be the first ships on the chopping block. I have never seen an import I liked, and most of them have really low resolution textures or are not sized correctly. So, I say redesign it.
There are quite a few imports that have become part of the server and are used every day and loved.

Contrans for one. I think the Phantom ships come from TA or supreme commander.

I got a good idea:

Instead of discussing it, why not do it? Have you not seen the four other 'Glass models? We didn't really like them. Try and make your own!

It's already been decided that they are to be replaced. So replace them!

We like your models, Dart. Try and make a Spyglass.
I would gladly develop a Ship, if I'd be able to do that. But since I have no clue about modelling, nor having the Fantasy to design my own, nor having the Ability to texture my developed Model I'd rather support and motivate the Developers.

Oh and this Thread was actually meant for that, not a Discussion if this Import should be replaced or not.
yeah i agree
imo somehow a "beefed up" Order Recon Cruiser fits better.
well, as far as things are, Spyglass is, epically strong.

it is WAY stronger then you'd think, the current model is not so easy to hit as you'd think, and if we could just "discorise" it a little more it would fit right in.

also a note; Current spyglass is "made to match" the .84 liberty carrier (big cis capital ship)
I'm working on one, but it may or may not be finished by .86. Trying my best. The best possible thing to do is to -not- bring the subject up and start forum debates over it.
Pages: 1 2