Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: system chat? Local chat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, everyone.

I was thinking, today, and came up with another idea.

I do not even know if it is possible, but how about making so the default chat is the local one and not the system one?

I can see good reasons to do this :
- Less system chat oorp
- Less foreign langages in system chat
- For our friends the pirates, less traders accidentally (or .."accidentally") speaking in the system chat.
- More easy for clumsy guys like me to actually speak in system chat.
- The not clumsy players could forget about that darned /l.
- The purest form of rp lies in the local chat. (well .. this is not a reason, I know, but it is what I think)

And I cannot see any cons.

You'll have to use something like /s to talk in system chat, wich would leave this canal to rp broadcasts.

Anyway, is this even doable?
was talked about.. i think it should be cool to have default chat as a local one.. or better yet let us set which one we want
I don't see any cons either.

I approve of this too:

' Wrote:or better yet let us set which one we want
I support this post. Would be nice in my opinion.
Yeah, I dont see anything wrong with this- its a good idea.

Some people could say that n00bs won't hear RP in system, and then will never learn from listening to it. But then again, people could just RP over system channel if they want to so its a moot point.
Already proposed over 9000 times, Admins never answer to this request. I, obviously, support the idea.
As do I. Especially the idea where we are able to choose which one we want as default.
Partially to be a rebel, partially because I really dislike the idea, I dislike the idea. System chat is prime. Just type /l, it's really not an inconvenience and I much prefer system to be on the menu before local.

-Edit- Although pending the option to choose, I wouldn't really care. Go for that, if anything.
I do support it but I think it should be possible to switch between System and Local Chat without using the /s and /l
I say go for it, Or at least make it selectable like the System and Group chats are. Theres really no reason NOT to have this to be honest.
Pages: 1 2 3