Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Roleplaying Forum Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, for what games should we have a roleplaying forums? There were many requests from Freelancer fans for this, and fantasy roleplaying forum also seems to be a good idea.

Poll options are rather limited, but they generally reflect the most logical choices we have. Obviously it won't be any good to make separate forums for all games on a not-so-crowded forum like ours.

Here's a review of all options we have for roleplaying.

One roleplaying forum for all
(+) Will contain all roleplaying threads and, therefore, we'll have no 'silent times' like it often happens on many roleplaying forums.
(-) No separation between totally different RP worlds.

One forum for Fantasy (including Elder Scrolls), one for Cyber-Punk (including Freelancer)
(+) Will provide good balance between separation of RP worlds and forum activity.
(-) Still not enough separation, but...
(+) Always possible to move a group of topics to a new forum if needed, for example, make a separate Freelancer or ES forum.

One forum for Fantasy (including Elder Scrolls), one for Freelancer
(+) The same as in No.2. Most members came to this forum because of Freelancer. They are mostly interested in Freelancer. Will other Cyber-Punk worlds be popular, like Matrix, or Dune? Doubtful.
(-) Will limit Cyber-Punk roleplaying only to Freelancer.

We don't need general forums at all, only Elder Scrolls and Freelancer.
(+) We are an Elder Scrolls and Freelancer community, right? Why distract attention to other worlds?
(-) This will limit us even more... for no particular reason.

Your ideas and suggestions will be most welcome.
I put my vote in One RP forum for all, but I do like the idea of one for Fantasy and Cyber-Punk.
Either way, I believe that before an RP starts, rules should be set out by the creator of that RP. He decides the world, what happens, what you see.. Etc. Sort of like a DM.
Then other threads could just be random RPing, where everyone in the thread creates the storyline and plot as it goes along.
Um.. Ok I voted only Elderscrolls and Freelancer because I thought it's fine the way it is now, didn't realise it was for RP, in that case I'd change my vote to "One for all".
Just woke up, please forgive me. :rolleyes:
No problem metamay, we all wake up sometimes.
I've changed your vote.
Just wondering how you imagine Freelancer and Dungeons&Dragons (for example) roleplaying threads mixed together... but anyway, voting continues.
The way I would do it is to start up a general RP forum, and if there's alot of traffic on both sides, split it up.

They don't really get mixed up because each RP is in it's own thread (or so I would imagine).
Well, as much as I don't think that we need two seperate forums for both of types of Roleplaying I eventually voted for that. Having something like Freelancer mixed in with something like Dungeons and Dragons could get kind of confusing.
Voted one forum for all.
I see no problem in there being both D&D-like and cyberpunk-like RP going on in the same forum, just as long as the individual threads are properly named.
Elvalia,Nov 30 2005, 04:09 PM Wrote:Well, as much as I don't think that we need two seperate forums for both of types of Roleplaying I eventually voted for that. Having something like Freelancer mixed in with something like Dungeons and Dragons could get kind of confusing.
[snapback]6735[/snapback]
Same here
Having been a forum moderator before, i can say this:

if you create one forum for role playing for a specific genre (such as Dungeons and Dragons) you better create one for the other genre's if they exist on your forum.

i'd definitely keep em separate, otherwise it'll get incrediblly confusing, not to mention overly problematic to manage *AND* to read the posts :-)
Quote: Having something like Freelancer mixed in with something like Dungeons and Dragons could get kind of confusing.

DC check for a Dragon on Planet Manhattan......:huh:, Wait what the Why is there an Orc in New London? and Trolls in texas Whats going on?
Pages: 1 2