Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: HAMBURG CITY - RHEINLAND VERSUS LIBERTY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: hc_li_vs_rh_ad.jpg]

OK, I was on lancers earlier today and saw this. From what I can make out its a frekin huge brawl between lib and RH. All you need do is download the mod and join the server and it auto assigns you a team and ship, which is already kitted out. You just join the fight.

The day theyve picked isnt good as i wont be at home so getting online will be interesting but im definitly up for this.
-------------
HAMBURG CITY LIBERTY VERSUS RHEINLAND

Date/Datum: 19.08.2007 - 19:30 CEST (GMT+2)

Event Information

- No registration required! Just join server on event day and create a char. (normal Chars will not be available during event)
- It is recommended to use the Hamburg City optional Mod during this event.
- The only available systems in this event are New York, Texas, Bering/Hudson, Hamburg, New Berlin.
- At char creation you will be automatically assigned to a faction, at random! If one faction has more players, you will automatically join the weaker faction.
- Char Limit: You cannot create more than 2 chars.
- Ships: We will only fight with Eagles, due to balance- and technical reasons.
- The starting equipment configuration of new chars is based on the faction. The weapons have been rebalanced, meaning the Liberty or Rheinland weapons you will find on your ship are much stronger than they used to be.
- Aside from the RPG weapons, you will find some high level weapons in your cargo hold, but no nomad weapons however.
- Friendly Fire will be deactivated, meaning you cannot damage your own bases and players.
- For every kill of an enemy you earn 1000 Credits.
- You will not be able to use Nanobots/Shieldbats.
- To win the event, your faction needs to destroy certain bases. Read the ingame infos during the event to know what to attack.
- In the wrecks of the systems there is not the usual equipment to be found, but very strong artefact weapons. The damage values of these weapons have been dramatically improved which makes them a secret special of this event.

Battleships
Requirement to fly a battleship is an activated Hamburg City Mod in Event Mode.
You can get a battleship by creating a char with a specific battleship-name. You will then automatically have the battleship on that char. If the char is already used, then someone else has been faster then you.
If a battleship player quits the game, however, you can use that name again so you can get the battleship.

Battleship Names are:

MK_Abelia lib. Corvette
MK_Florida lib. Corvette
MK_SantaMonia lib. Corvette
MK_MayFlower lib. Corvette
MK_Springs lib. Corvette
MK_Zephyr lib. Corvette

MS_Paladin lib. BS
MS_McBeth lib. BS
MS_Salisbury lib. BS

------------------------

RWK_Barmen rhl. Corvette
RWK_Leipzig rhl. Corvette
RWK_Stuttgart rhl. Corvette
RWK_Bochum rhl. Corvette
RWK_Bonn rhl. Corvette
RWK_Frankfurt rhl. Corvette

RWS_Berlin rhl. BS
RWS_Hamburg rhl. BS
RWS_Bremen rhl. BS

Meh, its a german server but im guessing theyll be lots of english people online, and the objectives will all be in english and german so its not like non german speakers wont have a clue whats going down.

If you like the look of this just reply. Obv youll need to download their mod and use their server for the event, ill do a bit of investigating and fine out what these are.
Neat. A huge brawl. Real run every now and then.
Hmm lets see if I'm right this would be about 1:30pm (-4gmt) my time and on sunday. Great I needed the stress relief. I'll get my secondary computer up and running by then. I only use my laptop for discovery. :D
I think I'll pass. I have little free time. Besides, I don't like the Eagle. Too unstable and easy to be killed with.
But this gives me an idea to be implemented on this server... After the Discovery Olympic games, which I've been willing to implement for almost one and half year now...

Hehe. Post 238 of our member No 238.
Hey! This could be fun! I will probably join, but I don't like it that everyone uses eagles >.<

Same ship + lame ship = borring event.

But I have always wanted to squish Liberty as Rheinland.......

Verg
The idea is interesting in fact, using same ship could be boring though. The structure of the event kinda sounds like people from 2 opposite factions having a battle in a specified area as its in a MMORPG just like faction and clan battles. I wonder whether such an action could be implemented within discovery, an event that is always supposed to be occuring in a single or maybe 2-3 systems including some bases or ships to be destroyed or just opposite aligned faction members having pvp with unlimited respawn and re-engage. If we implement just a system with unlimited respawn well then it would make the pvp server kinda obsolote. The only reasonable implementation in my opinion could be to organize events such as this one however in a more free range of ship and equipment choices and maybe some prizes for the destruction of designated targets. I would definitely like to hear every kind of idea on this.
I knew it! It's a plot, a conspiracy, a desperate bid to regain the number one server title! All the faithful must flock to me, we will gather many and lower the hamburg city player count by millions in our holy purge!*

What? I'm not allowed to make random, exaggerated, fanatical, insane, and completely untruthful statements?

Fine.

Anyways, yeah, I don't like the sound of that, it's ill-planned. Would be so much better on discovery.
DEATH TO HAMBURG CITY. The just want their Number One Slot back. Ready the Nuclear Assault Cannon.

Hamburg City, You Have Been Owned.
This inst using the discovery mod guys, you know what igiss said...
y dont we do the same thing? it could be pretty fun.
Pages: 1 2