Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Banned?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Admins

I have poor internet tonight and have been trying to connect all evening. To add to my problems it seems that every failed connection attempt has resulted in a kick for cheating. Eventually I get the message saying I'm banned.

How can this be sorted out?

Thanks in advance

Rick.Deckard
Sparx
Cant find that Name in the Sanction Forum, try this Link
No nothing in sanctions...

It's definitely related to my utterly depressing service that I get from my ISP. I have packet loss really badly tonight and although I've been able to contact the server when I choose a character I get an error.

Eventually I got a ban for repeatedly trying I think.

Cheers

Sparx
please open your FLMM (Freelancer Mod Manager) and check if you have any other mods on then Discovery 4.85
' Wrote:please open your FLMM (Freelancer Mod Manager) and check if you have any other mods on then Discovery 4.85

Hi

Nope nothing else in there at all.

I have others in my clan in the server and when I was trying to join they would see me being kicked for cheating. I was just seeing a time out type error. I got in once with the account Sparx but as soon as I tried to change I couldn't connect.

As I said I think my packet loss might be the problem as the anti cheat client is probably not sending back the response the server expects.

I won't try re-connecting unless my PL gets a lot lower but if you could un-ban me that would much appreciated :-)
Quote: but if you could un-ban me that would much appreciated :-)

if I could do that I would, but I'm not an admin, plase post in the thread schlurbi gave you, there is a more usefull place to post
' Wrote:if I could do that I would, but I'm not an admin, plase post in the thread schlurbi gave you, there is a more usefull place to post

My IP hasn't been banned so that thread is not relevant. Where should I post a new message about bans that needs resolving?

Thanks for your help.

Is there an admin online?
' Wrote:My IP hasn't been banned so that thread is not relevant. Where should I post a new message about bans that needs resolving?

Thanks for your help.

Is there an admin online?

I am thinking you should reinstall everything, You might have something wrong with your system.. Otherwise talk to Cannon =P
' Wrote:Admins
I have poor internet tonight and have been trying to connect all evening. To add to my problems it seems that every failed connection attempt has resulted in a kick for cheating. Eventually I get the message saying I'm banned.

How can this be sorted out?

Thanks in advance

Rick.Deckard
Sparx

Its your FL installation. You get kicked and autobanned due to too many entries about a bad installation.
You need to :
1) Deactivate the Discovery Mod in FL
2) Note down your FL account ID.
3) Uninstall FL.
4) Remove all traces of FL.
5) Remove the current Discovery Mod from FLMM
5) Reinstall FL.
6) Download a fresh pristine copy of the Mod from Moddb. Do not download just the update. Download the full mod, and install that.
7) Re enter your FL Account ID.
8) Go online, and let the Discovery Mod updater update your Mod.
9) Profit.

Do not cut short any of the above items. Post here when you have done steps 1 to 8. Then I'll get you unbanned and you can connect.

A & L Guy
' Wrote:Its your FL installation. You get kicked and autobanned due to too many entries about a bad installation.
You need to :
1) Deactivate the Discovery Mod in FL
2) Note down your FL account ID.
3) Uninstall FL.
4) Remove all traces of FL.
5) Remove the current Discovery Mod from FLMM
5) Reinstall FL.
6) Download a fresh pristine copy of the Mod from Moddb. Do not download just the update. Download the full mod, and install that.
7) Re enter your FL Account ID.
8) Go online, and let the Discovery Mod updater update your Mod.
9) Profit.

Do not cut short any of the above items. Post here when you have done steps 1 to 8. Then I'll get you unbanned and you can connect.

A & L Guy

All done and I have a new modem which the packet loss was causing the REAL problem. I'm pretty sure that the PL was breaking the traffic to the ac client so it thought I was cheating.

Can you unban me asap please????

Sorry for the double post but I actually don't know which one I should be replying to now.
Pages: 1 2