Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Photoshop Line Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey people,

I'm trying to change my pictures I use for 'video uplinks' in forum RP that should look a bit like that of The Joker for instance. (http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6026/holo...ection4copy.png)

However I'm having a hard time getting such a effect in.
I've been searching on google but could only find a tutorial of a older version of Photoshop (http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshop...llinescreen.htm)

I have Photoshop 7.0 and I'm wondering if anyone could explain me step by step how to make those effects.
Much appreciated!
While I myself do not see the reason to include such screen distortions in such a High Tech age, that's besides the point.

The Joker's "Holo-Projection" Looks like he made bars in two shades of grey (a lighter and darker one) of varying width moving horizontally across the front of the Joker. Then he used Motion Blur at 180 degrees and with a not terribly strong magnitude. He then set the blend mode of the layer with the bars to Overlay (maybe, possibly Soft Light) and probably lowered the Opacity of said layer.
The Joker itself is cut out from whatever original background it was in.

If you've not already, I'd suggest you try to follow the tutorial you've already found, lots of the basic stuff stays the same/similar from version to version of Photoshop. You may have to look around for some of the stuff that's been moved around the interface but it should all be there.

The General way to do it would be with a relatively low opacity layer on top of the actual person. This layer would contain whatever effect you're looking for, whether it be static, the screen lines, etc.

Also, you may have some more sucess searching for "Scan Lines" in tutrial sites like Pixel2Life and DeviantArt's Tutorial Section. I just found this one.
On GIMP I just use Filters > Distorts > Video > Stripes