Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lugers type D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Luger Type D:

600 dmg per shot (1818 per sec)
700 speed / range
3,03 refire
160 power drain (485 per sec)
Dmg / energy ratio is lower than 4.

Tachyon type.

You sure everything is alright with this one? ... Even some of the civilian guns preform better than this (Purple godess more dps, same speed, faster refire, more range, practicle which is good versus graviton shields for just a bit more energy consumption)

And I saw a lot of VF and bundschuh player spitting on their guns becouse they really suck, but still uses for rp reasons which gives bundschuh disadvatage at pvp fights, which also makes not so popular faction even less atractive.

Huh, what do you say?
Looking at it it looks quite nice overall. Good speed, good damage per shot. 3.03 are guns with the best ROF IMO.

Could you compare it with other, similar tachyon weapons? 'Cause from experience I can only compare them to the Barragers, really.

PS: -200 DPS for +100 speed and range and a better ROF... It's miles better than ours.
In my entire time playing here, Bundschuh guns have been little more than a running joke. They suck.

(edit: Yes, AJ, Junker guns are somewhat deficient, but that 200dps is a pretty big deal. Keep in mind that 200 dps is the difference between Heavy Flashpoints and real class 9 guns)
That 200 dps diffrence might be the main reason you couldn't taken out your opponent's shielding faster then he did. While you turn back to each others view his shield will be regerated while yours will be down and you will be open for hull damage.
IF you hit, that is. With high ROF and low speed do you know how hard it is? Damage isn't the most important thing, how easy it is to hit the enemy is, which is defined by gun speed and range, ship's turning speed and ROF.

Anyways, can you find other guns to compare the Lugers to or not?
Speed is more important in group fight. One on one mostly comes for damage (of course not always depends of how people use to fly sometimes). And Bundschuh aren't the guys who flys in huge bands.

Anyhow, junkers aren't ones who use the guns often, unlike the bundschuh. You picked wrong gun to compare to.

Rather see Honorviper, Firekiss MK II perhaps salamanca in some case. (might be)
' Wrote:IF you hit, that is. With high ROF and low speed do you know how hard it is? Damage isn't the most important thing, how easy it is to hit the enemy is, which is defined by gun speed and range, ship's turning speed and ROF.

Anyways, can you find other guns to compare the Lugers to or not?

As a comparison? Well, here's the Wyrm 2:

Class 9
Damage: 652 (1975.56 DPS)
Shield: 326
Refire: 3.03
Energy: 165
Speed: 700

Uh... notice the fact that it's better in every single way. By a lot. Oh, I'm sorry, it uses five more energy. Whoop-de-do.

Oh, want another gun that's actually in Rheinland? Here's the LWB Destroyer, another 3.03 refire gun:

Class 9
Damage: 650
Shield: 325
Refire: 3.03
Energy: 180
Speed: 700

Look, another gun that's way better than the Luger D. Sure, it uses a bit more energy per shot (20), but gets a 100 m/s speed boost AND a 50 point damage boost. That's a damn good tradeoff there. Luger Ds are pretty underpowered.
Luger Ds:

Owner: Bundschuh
Weapon Class: 9
Energy Type: Tachyon
Hull Damage: 600 (~1.8k DPS)
Shield Damage: 300
Range: 700 m
Projectile Speed: 700 m/s
Refire Rate: 3.03
Energy Usage: 160 ( 480 EUS)

Hornviper mk2:

Owner: Rheinland
Hull Damage: 340
Shield Damage: 170
Refire Rate: 5.88
Energy Usage: 88

Advanced Splitter:

Owner: Bretonia
Hull Damage: 500 (2k DPS)
Shield Damage: 250
Refire Rate: 4.00
Energy Usage: 120 (480 EUS)

Compared to the Splitter it is a bit underhanded, you're right.

EDIT: Ninja'd >_>
' Wrote:Luger Ds:

Owner: Bundschuh
Hull Damage: 600 (~1.8k DPS)
Shield Damage: 300
Refire Rate: 3.03
Energy Usage: 160 ( 480 EUS)
Hornviper mk2:

Owner: Rheinland
Hull Damage: 340
Shield Damage: 170
Refire Rate: 5.88
Energy Usage: 88
Notice that the Hornviper does more damage at a much higher speed (and speed is VERY important). Kinda weak, especially for such a low-refire weapon.
I actually think they do very well. I am using them now and haven't really complained. Energy could be high but look at what you get. Speed of fire or projectile? Mr.Fist!
Pages: 1 2