Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tau-23 Thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
From the Tau-37 jump hole, you can see whoever is at Java Station.

From just 5k away from Java Station, you can see whoever is at Cali Base.

I think this is part of why the place is so screwed up most of the time; if there's a fight there (and there is basically always), anyone passing through the system will see it. And they'll join in.

And given that Tau-23 is an essential part of <strike>this complete break-</strike> a major smuggling route, the system gets a lot of traffic. So we get a lot of really big, really disorganized brawls, a lot of ganking and general unpleasantness, and bad feelings all around.

So, I suggest making it bigger and spreading things out a bit more.
Make the sun explode.
Problems solved.
Though then DSE\Ageira would keel teh devs...

Why do we even need Cali in system anyway? Freaking OC home system is two jumps away -_-

EDIT: IMG might get upset with my first suggestion as well...
' Wrote:Why do we even need Cali in system anyway? Freaking OC home system is two jumps away -_-
Counterpoint: Why do we need that Corsair base in Eta? Freaking Corsair home system is two jumps away -_-

(edit: no I am not suggesting we get rid of the corsair base in eta please do not derail this)
No Idea, I don't hang around the Corsairs.
But Cali being the is just ASKING for trouble.

Let's just get a bigass ship to tow it to the far middle right of the system of something.
' Wrote:Let's just get a bigass ship to tow it to the far middle right of the system of something.
The issue is that it basically is at the far middle right of the system, at its current size.

It's a really small system.
Granted. Though, it was rather underused in Vanilla?

No idea, to be honest. But, I'd support the spreading things out.
It's always been much too small, in my opinion.
I support this idea.
stretch it 10k in all directions. will be enough...

if it spreads out too much smugglers will be doomed
Yeah, go tell that to Xoria now.

' Wrote:Counterpoint: Why do we need that Corsair base in Eta? Freaking Corsair home system is two jumps away -_-

Yup, the same applies to Yaren, going by that logic.
bigger is better in this case. Give people some breathing room and a chance for people to avoid each other.

Also this will give a fighting chance to the indie miners and the BMM that are supposed to be mining up there as well. Also the IMG one as well...

Move the stations out further from each other.

Roly's map here highlights the problem. His map shows the scanner ranges and how big they are in comparison with the map.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/...CampingJava.jpg

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6