Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Making a good sig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening guys and girls (Or afternoon, or morning wherever you are). Now I came to present a query. As I ponder over the numerous threads on this site I can't help but notice the brilliant threads that are around, and I am incredibly jealous at some of your artistic talent :laugh:. Anyway what I wanted to know is, how can I make a sig to that degree of detail. I know how to fluently use photoshop, but what other things should I take into account? For instance where could I get a sci-fi type picture for a background, and so on so forth, any advice and help would be hugely appreciated thanks guys! ;)
Fun Google searches:

spacescape

Yep. That's really all you need for backgrounds that are spacey.

Your source of infinite renders:

http://planetrenders.net/renders/

What else?
*doesn't reply because his sigs suck*

Naw but all it really takes is alotta creativity. And a bit of technical know how with the program is helpful:P

Look at peoples sigs, if you like an effect that's been done, try and recreate it, and you might come up with your own cool effect too!

In the end, just keep practising and all that Jazz. Maybe if you find out who did one yo particularly like, they might be able to spare some time to help you to:D
I always give this example. Be creative. The example is;

You ve seen the Keepers recruitment thread image?

That is actually a desktop lamp. Be creative, try to see images in their alternative forms rather than the "obvious".

Also, observing typography helps a lot for creativity.

And, as its essential, observing art masters' artworks and trying to understand how they did it is essential.