Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Battlefield Bad Company 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Look I know there are a lot of MWF2 lovers in the community. And if you are youve probably heard about EA's Battlefield Bad Company 2. Ive pre-ordered it and cant wait to play.

But alot of poeple are saying its a copy of MWF. I personally dont think thats true, its alot differant. But there is a bigger question here: Is it better?

What do you guys think?
Im getting mines in 20mins:D

Midnight release!

Yes, It is better - NO MORE CAMPAIN - YOU CAMP WHORES!!!!
Well, on the PC it will surely be better... on the MP aspect since MW2 has no Multiplayer support on PC....
in terms of missions its ENTIRELY different...

in terms of gameplay... its better, graphics - NO

it has lower graphics in exchange for being able to blow 90% of the stuff in the game to pieces, and the rubble wont dissapear right away too, mortar craters wont dissapear, buidlings wont regen...

its WAY cooler in terms of playing, alot more fun as you just cant sit behind the wood wall and know that the nades wont hurt you.

i mean, sniper sits in building... we use a RPG/Stinger or a airstrike and thers no more sniper, no more building.
' Wrote:it has lower graphics in exchange for being able to blow 90% of the stuff in the game to pieces, and the rubble wont dissapear right away too, mortar craters wont dissapear, buidlings wont regen...
MW2 is based on the CoD4 engine and code (Yes, Xbox Live Scripts and most of CoD4/CoDWaW Code is Inact including the Dedicated Server code) just with a few more features and "improvements".

BF:BC2 when pumping out at its best, looks far better then MW2.
Game play wise its different.

I will be getting BF:BC2 for PC when I can.
The beta was alot of fun, enjoyed playing since day one.
But first I need a new video card as my 7600GS was showing its age in the beta.
Both MW2 and BFBC2 are great but in the moment i have enough of MW2.
The big problem with MW2 is IWNet and the hackers.
This is a huge gravedig. That said, BC2 is awesome.
Its a good game when you get friends in a squad. I love long range sniping and tacking down Black Hawks and Hinds with my RPG's. Not to mention the sheer joy of using the repair tool on a poor snipers head.:) Its very satisfying getting kills.

BIG TIP: On defense in Rush NEVER EVER underestimate the power of turrets/heavy machine guns. I use the 'spot' button constantly to pick up the enemy, then headshot them constantly. I remember going one game in that beach level with boats for 51-0. None of them used rockets. The idiots.
Simply better than MW2. At least on Xbox Live. You get nothing but loud, obnoxious teens and immature 20 year olds. I will admit I met some friends on there but they all moved to BFBC2 when I told them about it. We now play it regularly.

I also sold my copy of MW2.
I have to say the most disappointing thing about this game (at least on the PC) is the horribly buggy netcode. I can't seem to find a server under 150 ping, not even the ones in Chicago (which usually has about 20 ping for me). Rather a horrible situation, but, otherwise the game is really nice.

If anyone wants to play with me on the PC, BaconSoda is my name (surprise!).
Pages: 1 2