Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Star Trek Online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm pondering getting this game but wonder if it's worth the while? I have always avoided games with a monthly fee but my love of Trek is huge.
I bought Bridge Commander when it came out and was disappointed so I'm reluctant to try again.
Any opinions on this game?
Well I read an insight review of it in a local magazine with quite a lot of beta experience. The mag is very well respected so I trust their word.

They say the game is dull, needs LOTS of patching to make it feel entertaining. At the moment it looks like a good idea in the hands of a muscular, gay looking Spartan (214th spartan).

I was also interested in this game but I think I will wait for a while and see how is the after-release caring of the dev. I suggest you do the same Doc.
' Wrote:At the moment it looks like a good idea in the hands of a muscular, gay looking Spartan (214th spartan).

What the hell does that mean.

Doc, check the other thread in this section for more ST:O feelings and feedback. Right now the game is somewhat meh by all accounts.

Also I made a post which I think would sum up the feelings of players such as you and I.
No. No. No. No.

I wasted my half term holiday being addicted to it. And it's a subsciption. It's incredibly addictive, it in fact messes with your head so much you do not want to play other games. The third-person on the ground is absolutely terrible. The enemies take ages to kill, and two hours playing it feels like twenty minutes.

I advise against it.