Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Command Idea: SendtoPrison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I had an idea, not sure it is possible, not sure it would be accepted. Anyway here it goes:

Background:
=========
Many times, police intercep wrongdoers (smugglers, pirates, etc). Wrongdoers surrender, they don't want to be killed...but the police cannot do anything but ask them to leave the system, or shoot them down anyway.

Idea Proposal:
=========
In the above situation, the best RP possible would be that the wrongdoer should be sent to prison. However unless you are an admin, there is no way to do that.
How about it would be possible to send someone to a prison via a command.

How to make it work:
==============
Of course that is a very dangerous command and it should work on very specific lines.

1-The wrongdoer that has to be sent to prison, must want to be sent to prison. A way to do this is by setting a code for everytime he allows to go to prison, and communicates the code to the police as a way to surrender. For example:
/surrender [prisoncode]
/l My code for prison is [prisoncode]

2-Then the police would send that wrongdoer to prison as follows:
/send2prison [name] [prisoncode]
Some kind of message should appear in system
[name] has be sent to prison by [police player name]

3-The prison should be a specific one in each house.

4-Prison time should not be long, perhaps same less time than after being killed to promote this idea....

5-The [prisoncode] should be reset after player is sent to prison. If no code is set up player cannot be sent to prison.

Not sure this can work, not sure people would like this. I had nothing else to do now so let the flaming begin...

I haven't read this whole thing and I have a feeling it can be abused...:unsure:
' Wrote:I haven't read this whole thing and I have a feeling it can be abused...:unsure:

Should have read it then, he addressed it being abused in a good way. Pays to read first then comment doesn't it?

I'd like it, though I am sure there are those that won't. As it is now, they can go pirate somewhere else when they leave system. This would force them to get off the game (oh noez!) or get on another character for awhile.
Barely anyone would use it. Yeah, so they could face the risk of dying. And? They GTFO the system, come back in 4 hours.
' Wrote:Should have read it then, he addressed it being abused in a good way. Pays to read first then comment doesn't it?

I'd like it, though I am sure there are those that won't. As it is now, they can go pirate somewhere else when they leave system. This would force them to get off the game (oh noez!) or get on another character for awhile.

Read it and ...yeah there it is. IT will only be used by Rp'ers who WANT to go to prison?:unsure:Yeah it will be abused correctly that sounds like nothing is wrong with it. I have a feeling a police officer will use this about one time in every....200? We have trouble just stopping smugglers and ect as is...I don't think ANYONE but a handful of rp'ers would use this, others will just ignore and try to cruise away...
If it's consensual, why can't you just RP it rather than make Cannon devise a code to facilitate it for you?

It's an RP server.
It looks like a nice idea, but I also think it is gonna be abused. And is it possible to give teleport command to a spefic ID(s)?
No sane person, regardless of his/her quality of RP would want to go to prison. I don't see the point in this command.
Do you think, it will be work with new people ? I don't think so.
' Wrote:Do you think, it will be work with new people ? I don't think so.

Indeed...Lolwutters will go like : "Idun wanna go to prison!!FEEL DA WRATH OF DA STARFlea!!!111one11 !!! "
Pages: 1 2