Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: supreme commander 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this is a game ive been waiting for a long time, and after finally playing a match, i have to say i have mixed feelings for the game i was hoping to be just as big of a success as the first one and its expansion.

While the gameplay is extremely fast paced, meaning games are shorter compared to the original game, there is a somewhat more unrealistic feel to the game. added the fact that you have to go through the "reseach" tab section to unlock skills, powers and experimentals makes it even more somewhat dull for me.

the graphics are obviously pretty awesome, and the maps and the like are obviously good. one good aspect is you dont need to have an awesome pc to play the game at high unit counts and high graphics settings, which was the downside i saw for the first one + expansion.

i can see this game having a massive multiplayer gaming community, due to the way they've gone with sup com 2, somewhat similar to how RA 3 is.

i just hope that while CNC 4 has a mix of RA 3's comical appearance as well as CNC 3's general map looks, the retarded base building system wont take a dump all over the gameplay, and seeing as EA are heading the company, i also hope they dont make the storyline go to pot, because i really did enjoy all the games from the CNC series.
Hmm, weren't they called Monkeylords? The huge Spiders I mean.
you still have those, you also have a new super experimental unit as well, one for each race, all three are awesome though.
The demo for SupCom2 was fun.
Only got to try the Human race that was playable, I forgot name. AC1000 is win though :D
They're Megaliths, now.

And I play Cybran.

As an owner of every single game in the franchise, including all versions of Total Annihilation, I found SupCom 2 very good and refined. Instead of having eight different units that did the same thing, you get one unit that just gets better through the course of battle! GENIUS!
Boring.

Banal.

I enjoyed the original SupCom more than I did SupCom 2. Why? Because I'm a turtling son of a bitch, and I like games which takes ages to finish.

Yeah, SupCom 2 is like Red Alert 3... and I'll never play any of those games online.

/elitism
okay. i hafta say, the UEF noah unit cannon is actually pretty awesome, if not a tad overpowered. anyone with an abundance of resources and 2-3 unit cannons can score a mid/late game victory, since there is no range boundaries for it (at least not that ive seen any so far), and each cannon when fully loaded can fire upto 21 units at a time..

had a match against a guy today, game was very fast paced, a little too fast for my liking, but either way, i think UEF is going to be my favorite faction now, what with the fatboy mk II and the other experimentals:P

going to try Aeon either later today or tomorrow, hopefully they wont be a disaappointment- looking forward to their super experimental
Not a fantastic game, not top of the line.

But it holds my interest.

Nothing like Shagohad and I charging in and decimating three enemies at once.

Experimentals are a little OP, and I don't see the lack of units as so much of a plus. I'd like it to be a little slower, but I'm okay with it how it is now.
I like the units, id like to have the kraken, the cybran ships because now all of them can walk on land (this should be an option on the lobby, because cybran ships walking on land on FA would be not balanced), and some other experimentals from other factions, some of the upgrades for the commander are also good, but besides that it sucks so hard compared to SupC Forged Alliance, it have a very poor amount of units, i dont see complexity now.
I have played it 2 hours yesterday in the skirmish mode with the 3 factions, maybe ill play campaign or maybe i will uninstall it, i only like some of the units.

The range of the defensive turrets is a joke, (i use UEF tech 3 point defense in FA maybe its because that)

The AI is dumb, i had the experimental cybran gunship (dont remember the name) and i pwned everyone because the number of land units without AA was incredible, but the number of AAs and fighters was little.

And i dont know why my kraken stops shooting, he can shoot but suddenly he stops after killing a target, this must be fixed because after some time attacking he just stop and let the enemies kill him unless you give attack order, the kraken is suposed to be shooting everyone at everytime with the lasers.

And the Seraphim are out, well yes, destroyed at the end of the campaign on FA... but id like to see them again! or some similar aliens

I will not talk about the units i liked from SupCom FA and are not on SupC 2 because that would be a big list

With a BIG expansion it can be a good game.
Or even better, port some of the units and some of the commander upgrades to FA and play FA, its already awesome without the SupC 2 units. Also porting the factory defenses is a good idea

6,8/10 for SupCom 2
9/10 for SupCom FA

PS: Sorry for my english
im sure in time sup com 2 will get its own set of mods etc, but one of my favorite mods for the original game/FA is called the fourth dimension mod. it is seriously amazing, since the work done for the mod is pretty much on par with the vanilla game quality- it has custom animations for models, new units and buildings, new explosions, sounds, effects etc.

cybran naval units walking on land is a bit far fetched for me. in the first one, only the dessie could do that, now all of em? :| (did i mention, naval warfare in the original was beyond epic- the way the battleships lined up to fire their big guns at long range, and then the sub hunters pwning everything in their way <3)

srysly, if sup com didnt decide to die when i played with a 2500 unit cap mod, id still play it as often as i do cod 4 or eve etc.

Pages: 1 2