Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Super ship guide! (illustrated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just post a screenshot or two, the stats of your ship (from your ship's info card, not with your equipment), and how well you feel it manuevers. please, dont tell where you bought it from, this IS discovery. the purpose of this thread is to help people buy the ship that they really want. and, you know, for you the owner to show off your pride and joy:P. i will post a second thread for any discussian about the ships, that way the guide stays uncluttered. get postin people!

here's the discussion thread
I'll start, use mine as a template.

Manta - BHG - VHF ((<== post in this format))
[Image: 1017656381_ff8226c488_o.jpg]
[Image: 1017656031_503482db81_o.jpg]Guns/Turrets:
6/1 (turret is back-firing only) ((<--please specify))

Torpedoes/Cruise Disruptors:

Cargo Space:

Armor:

Bats/Bots:
65/65

Price:
Nomad Light Fighter

Guns/Turrets:
3/0 (currently 2xSolaris + some other gun of choice)

1 (Nova)

Mines/Countermeasures:
None

Bats/Bots:
65/65

[Image: fighter.jpg]

I really like this ship, the way it feels, the way it looks, now if only there was equivalent for heavy fighter. At first guns mounted on it look ugly but when you get a little more used to it you'll like that, as if it's alive. The primary purpose of the ship is to strike quickly and then retreat, a hit'n'run. Can be useful against large ships, with it's size and maneuverability you can run circles around the enemy capital ship. Due to the small amount of armaments you'll have to use very specific loadout and better be ready for the upcoming combat situation. Lack of countermeasure dropper can be a pain at times, you can easily outmaneuver cruise disruptor when you're in cruise mode already but when you're not and trying to fire it up there might be some problems.
56k beware! should be added to the topic name ^.^
I used the Mooring Platform as a size reference, and changed the default Stat Layout a bit. Anyone have ideas or advice?
Now on with the guide!

The X8S "Stinger" Civilian Very Heavy Fighter.
[attachmentid=3068] [attachmentid=3069]
Stats

Gun/Turrets Mounts: 6/1 (rear firing)
Gun/Turret Levels: 4x10,2x9/1x5
Armor: 10400
Shield: Lvl 10 VHF
Cargo Space: 80
Max Batteries/NanoBots: 64/64
Optimal Weapon Class: 8
Max. Weapon Class: 10
Additional Equipment: M, CM, CD/T

Built by the GMG, the Stinger is a maneuverable fighter with plenty of firepower, this ship can hold it's own in almost any situation.

X4TS "Tiger Shark" Civilian Light Fighter:
[attachmentid=3070][attachmentid=3071]
Stats

Gun/Turrets Mounts: 4/0
Gun/Turret Levels: 2x8, 2x9/0
Armor: 5600
Shield: Lvl 8 LF
Cargo Space: 40
Max Batteries/NanoBots: 36/36
Optimal Weapon Class: 7
Max. Weapon Class: 9
Additional Equipment: M, CM, CD

An IMG crafted vessel, this little ship can dodge just about anything thrown at it. With the capability of equipping all but the strongest weapons in sirius it's a force to be reckoned with.

The Liberty gunboat:
[attachmentid=3075][attachmentid=3076]
Stats

Gun/Turret Mounts: 1/7 (one rear firing only)
Gun/Turret Levels: 1x10/7xGunboat
Armor: 120000
Shield: Gunboat
Cargo Space: 400
Max Batteries/NanoBots: 425/425
Power Output: 500000
Max. Impulse Speed: 80
Equipment Mounts: CM, CD

I don't have much experience with this one, but it seems to be about average, with no strong or weak points. It does have the impressive forward cannon which deals massive damage to anything you can manage to hit with it.

BH Destroyer (Yes It's the Correllian Corvette/Blockade runner)
[attachmentid=3074]
Stats

Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/8
Gun/Turret Levels: 0/8 Destroyer
Armor: 190000
Shield: Destroyer/Cruiser
Cargo Space: 700
Max Batteries/NanoBots: 500/500
Power Output: 1400000

Continuing my trend, The Bounty hunter destroyer is a small, agile vessel with enough weaponry to survive against most threats smaller than a cruiser.

Container transport.. or gun-transport (I just made that up)
[attachmentid=3072][attachmentid=3073]
Stats

Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/12 (turrets fire in all directions as far as i can tell)
Weapon Levels: 0/12x5
Armor: 140000
Shield: Advanced Transport
Cargo Space: 4400
Max Batteries/NanoBots: 550/550
Power Output: 200000
Equipment Mounts: None

On the personal side, don't expect to be dodging much, it moves like a one legged sloth. The weapons should allow you to take out anything smaller than a bomber if you aim well though.
The Bretonian Battleship

Guns-14 heavy turrets

Thruster-No

Mine-No

Maneuverability-Good to Fair

The Bretonian Battleship is a smaller battleship, relatively heavily armed. In an open-air fight, it will easily level an Osiris or, if flown correctly, break a Liberty Dreadnought. The Maneuverability isn't perfect, and it doesn't handle asteroids too well, but it literally can run circles around a Rheinland or Kusari Battleship, and the forward firing arc is excellent, and it's actually shorter than the Liberty Dreadnought (though not as low-cross-section). It plows right through Battlestars, but the Outcast Dreadnought is a no-no. Battlecruisers are toast, since it's actually smaller than the Albatross and the Liberty Battlecruiser doesn't stand a chance. I won't detail a loadout, that's too much, but arm it right and it's a real pig to kill. Just don't get it get hit by fighters, or you're a dead 600-million-credit crustacean.

[Image: 21509333291.jpg]
Battlestar
Originally - Columbia-class battlestar (1978 BSG series)

[Image: doom2.jpg]
(Pic by Doom, present in the scenery/ships contest, place your vote as many before! :))

Class: Battleship
Price: 315 086 850 credits
Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/14 (all firing 360* around and above)
Armor: 320 000
Cargo Space: 1500 tonnes
Maximum Batteries/NanoBots: 650/650
Power Output: 5 500 000
Max. Impulse Speed: 90m/s
Thruster: NO

Infocard:

Abandoned Battlestar was found by Zoner expedition in Omicron Delta, near the place where Freeport 11 was later constructed. Zoners copied its design and built several battleships of same type. While being less powerful than Battlestar Advanced, this ship is significantly cheaper and features similar power array.

Comments:

In the mod since 4.80, since then is a rather avoided purchase due to the weaker armor than even the Osiris. However, an extremely small profile, when facin from the front make it literally unhittable when the commander is strafing up and down. The ship's small size makes trans-asteroid and trade lane movement as smooth as in a big transport ship. Possible to traverse without bumping.

Battlestar Advanced

Originally Atlantia-class Battlestar (2003 BSG series)

[Image: f_GalacticaDm_507a6cc.jpg]

Class: Battleship
Price: 360 086 850 credits
Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/14 (2 rear - topside turrets firing at the rear hemisphere only)
Armor: 380 000
Cargo Space: 1600 tonnes
Maximum Batteries/NanoBots: 700/700
Power Output: 7 000 000
Max. Impulse Speed: 90m/s
Thruster: NO

Infocard:

Prototype of Battlestar Advanced was found abandoned in deep space by Zoner expedition. Zoners studied it carefully, but were unable to work their way inside the seemingly impenetrable hull. Later, Zoners built several copies of this ship - powerful battleships with similar hull construction that were used mainly for defensive purposes. Later, Zoners sold three of those ships to other factions - one to Spa and Cruise, one to The Order, and one has reportedly belonged to a successful freelancer, though fate of all three remains unknown.

Comments:

A capable warship, much like its weaker variant, can easily dodge shots wen strafing up and down. In a flat-out engagement, the lack f 2 forward-firing turrets rarely is of much importance. However, the ship i plagued by a very nasty bug, every NPC cruise disruptor, be it wasp, hornet or whatnot stops the ship immediately, regardless, where the CD hits. Very good choice if you aren't planning to move much.

So far, I have seen a much upgraded model of the same ship type, availible for download and addition. Excellent replacement for the above mentioned mostly due to aeshetical values. The cruise disrupt problem might get solved also.
[Image: f_BSGalacticam_ff34d8c.jpg]
Viper
Originally: Colonial Viper mk I (both 1978 and 2003 BSG series)

[Image: f_screen45m_9b40395.jpg]
[Image: templar9.jpg]

Class: VHF
Price: 1 940 830 credits
Gun/Turret Mounts: 6/1 - 4 lv 10 gun slots, 2 lv 9 gun slots - turret rear-firing only (thus useless)
Armor: 8 400
Cargo Space: 65
Maximum Batteries/NanoBots: 54/54
Additional Equipment: M, CM, CD/T
Thruster: YES

Infocard:

The Viper is a civilian heavy fighter built by Independent Miners and Zoners. This ship lacks agility compared to the Eagle, offering improved power rating and impressive firepower in exchange.

Comments:

The best model of this ship type I've laid my eyes upon and for a long time, the best fighter in Sirius. The hitbox problems of old are now solved and noone will be likely to complain about the ship being unhittable anymore. For stats and combat performance, this ship is worth its price. Being deprived of a wireframe, it is less vulnerable to explosive weapons. (missles, torpedoes, mines, flak) Satisfactory manouverability and a relatively small forward profile make it a very dangerous opponent when correctly piloted. The rear turret fires only backwards, so it's basically useless. Waste of space and repair money.

Also seen very nice models of the mk II and VII tthey'd make nice LFs and HFs...

Resurrecting this thread because its cool

Corsair Gunboat
I know we have probably all seen it but this is the only pic I've got right now...I've seen as many as eight in one spot (kinda ridiculous huh)

[Image: 251b916500df06a9a067b98161f781c764b07332.jpg]

EDIT: woops forgot the stats Turrets/Guns: 0/8 Cargo: 480 Hull:115000 b/b:350 CM, CD, M. This GB has superb handling and a good weapons array. It is bulkier than most of the GBs out there but it makes up for it with its agility. Rusty lunch box anyone.
Outcast Destroyer

[Image: ocdestroyereu9.png]

Gun/Turret Mounts: 0/12
Armor: 195000
Cargo Space: 700
Max Batteries/NanoBots: 450/450
Power Output: 1400000

This is my favorite ship, well equipped it can destroy almost everything, smaller than a Bs. Handling is good--offcourse for a destroyer;), and i like the design too.
Ok, time we start seeing some new ships.
Here is the Firefly Transport

[Image: 7804195b514185c6f69ab43181a8fbeb26d1ea02.jpg]
[Image: c18db947909790ee6cfe2ba5d603863bb196b246.jpg]

Gun/Turret: 0/8
Armor: 110000
Cargo: 3500
b/b: 450
Power Output: 160000
Equipment: CD

Yeah it looks goofy but it is a Bretonian ship and I feel it follows the style very well. I felt the handling was phenomenal considering the size of the hull. Would expect to see some people using this ship for smuggling.

--------------------------

Advanced Train

[Image: 81800ff6ef76e00cc5f952f644d25ff2f4d620be.jpg]

It just doesn't get any bigger. Good luck trying to get away from pirates in this hunk of inertia.

Gun/Turret: 0/6
Armor: 160000
Cargo: 5000
b/b: 500
Power Output: 200000
Equipment: CD
Starflier, a noob ship
Guns/Turrets:
3/0
Nonce

Mines/Countermeasures:
Mine and Contermeasures

Bats/Bots:
15/15 (i think)

Max Wep class: 3

Cost: N/A, starting ship
Comments: The worst ship ive ever flown, no wonder you start with it, armor and shields suck, plus the weapons suck.
[Image: starflier.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4