Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lux. Liner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just brainstorming here at work.

as i've stated before, i'm looking at making a lawful character and i'm in the market for a ship for him.

i was looking for something that has good cargo, good firepower, durable, and is fairly inexpensive.

so just looking at the stats, the Lux. Liner caught my eye. (yes i'll have good RP for it)

how are they?
You know, OSC (Orbital Spa and Cruise) is looking for some Lux liner pilots. Talk to Knuklehead if your interested. He flies one.
yeah i read about the OSC.

with my available play time i can't justify being in a faction. i'd mostly be taking up a spot and hardly ever using it.

but i like the size and abilities (from the readme) of the Lux. Liner. just need some info from someone who uses one
I don't think OSC is really big enough to worry about 'Taking up a Spot;' Call Knucklehead anyway. As long as the character survives, you're good.

And the Luxury Liner is godly. It has five Gunboat turrets. It's like a light destroyer. And the batts/botts...it can regen something evil, like three or four times on one load.
Epy is just mad because he lost his Kusari Destroyer to my Luxury Liner.:P

Its a good ship, I use it as my main trading vessel, as well as my 'shoot every pirate you see' vessel.. Can't take a Destroyer head-on without a couple things like surprise, and the destroyer your fighting being underarmed or without bots/batts. (I used all batts and all but 60 bots taking down Epy's destroyer that had no bots/batts.) It can take a GB head-on, unless the GB takes advantage of its agility. Its very good if your trading in hostile territory, or participating in activities that could give you complications. (Read: My Lux Liner doing Deut smuggling for the KNF.)

If in the right hands, and fitted correctly, the Liner can hold off up to 2 fighters and has a chance on GBs, depending on the GB pilot and his loadout.
' Wrote:Epy is just mad because he lost his Kusari Destroyer to my Luxury Liner.:P

Its a good ship, I use it as my main trading vessel, as well as my 'shoot every pirate you see' vessel.. Can't take a Destroyer head-on without a couple things like surprise, and the destroyer your fighting being underarmed or without bots/batts. (I used all batts and all but 60 bots taking down Epy's destroyer that had no bots/batts.) It can take a GB head-on, unless the GB takes advantage of its agility. Its very good if your trading in hostile territory, or participating in activities that could give you complications. (Read: My Lux Liner doing Deut smuggling for the KNF.)

If in the right hands, and fitted correctly, the Liner can hold off up to 2 fighters and has a chance on GBs, depending on the GB pilot and his loadout.

wow, that's enough to sell me right there.

as for joining OSC, the character i'm dreaming up is kind of linked to my Mon'Star character and would most likely be a Merc. or something like that...not worked out all the details.
I took on and defeated a TBH Titan in a Lux. Liner in Omicron Theta without losing my shields or using bots/bats.

Against NPCs, I regularly kill multiple KNF Battleships in the Taus.