Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rep Ninjas that don't make sense.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I wanted to get into the RH Guard system of Braunsausage to continue a long-running "event", as we will call it. I commissioned some pals in the [RM] to help get my Guard rep to just above neutral.

I enter the system, we have our event (all two hours of it) and I dock with Meckelsburg Station.

A couple days later I undock and quite thoroughly get my arse handed to me by the locals.

It turns out Junker ID rep ninjas Rheinland Military Guard to hostile.

It made getting out of there fun, I had to recruit my RM pals to act as decoys to get me out. It's also made continuing my event rather bothersome.

Why was the Junker ID made to ninja Rheinland Military Guard hostile? Both my transports are munted because of it, whilst my cruiser is left untouched because it bears a Special OP ID.

:mellow:
' Wrote:So I wanted to get into the RH Guard system of Braunsausage to continue a long-running "event", as we will call it. I commissioned some pals in the [RM] to help get my Guard rep to just above neutral.

I enter the system, we have our event (all two hours of it) and I dock with Meckelsburg Station.

A couple days later I undock and quite thoroughly get my arse handed to me by the locals.

It turns out Junker ID rep ninjas Rheinland Military Guard to hostile.

It made getting out of there fun, I had to recruit my RM pals to act as decoys to get me out. It's also made continuing my event rather bothersome.

Why was the Junker ID made to ninja Rheinland Military Guard hostile? Both my transports are munted because of it, whilst my cruiser is left untouched because it bears a Special OP ID.

:mellow:
Guard ID's are generally hostile to any non-allies. Junkers and Rheinland Military Guards aint exactly friends because ALG is a Rheinland corporation, and Junkers encroach on ALG's salvage operations, thereby preventing the economic growth of Rheinland.
So it makes plenty of sense RP-wise, that RM Guards don't like Junkers. Thats Sirius politics 101 for you.

A & L Guy
are all id's repninja'd this way?
' Wrote:Guard ID's are generally hostile to any non-allies. Junkers and Rheinland Military Guards aint exactly friends because ALG is a Rheinland corporation, and Junkers encroach on ALG's salvage operations, thereby preventing the economic growth of Rheinland.
So it makes plenty of sense RP-wise, that RM Guards don't like Junkers. Thats Sirius politics 101 for you.

A & L Guy

Well, of course it doesn't make sense NOT to get shot by the RM Guard, as a mere junker, or any other civilian - inside their best defended system in Rheinland. However, I disagree with A&L Guy, based on the stuff that's in game.

"ALG is a very progressive company that treats its workers properly. We don't expose them to excessive danger like Daumann. For this reason, we let the Junkers do most of the difficult work here in the Yanagi Debris Field. It is just too dangerous for our employees."

or

"We let the Junkers handle the dirty work of removing most of the Scrap and Toxic Waste. They don't seem to be bothered by the often gruesome nature of their daily work. Organic material is brought here for incineration in our furnaces. So far, they've removed about 30% of the debris -- not in much of a hurry."

Those are in-game 'rumors', told by ALG NPCs.
Unwanted guests of guard systems of course should be removed with all due haste. But I see no point in making a variety of other ID's ninja to hostile without a cause.

Anyone who doesn't have business there is going to be hostile anyway. The few who abuse the guard systems can and should be disposed of. Either blast them out of the sky or if it's serious abuse report them.

I have permission from members of the [RM-V] to be there as a guest. However I'm locked out of there by something completely outside of the immersion arena.

I ended up fixing the problem by dumping my Junker ID and getting a Freelancer ID. Same ship, same pilot, same story. But I can continue it in peace now.:)

(Do Liberty corp ID's set LN guard to hostile? How many players abuse Virginia as a shortcut every day?)
wiped by me ^_^
' Wrote:Guard ID's are generally hostile to any non-allies. Junkers and Rheinland Military Guards aint exactly friends because ALG is a Rheinland corporation, and Junkers encroach on ALG's salvage operations, thereby preventing the economic growth of Rheinland.
ALG has invited the Junkers to assist in the Sigma 13 clearance project. They don't pay them, they just point them towards the more hazardous yet profitable areas they don't want to risk moving on, then neatly snag the contract tithes from the Rhienland and Kusari government.

They're not in competition at all. The only places they're found in the same place, doing the same activity they cooperate. Otherwise, the Junkers are smelting, and ALG are focusing on the shipment of toxic and commercial waste.

Besides, the Rhienland corporations aren't nationalised. I could understand Bretonia giving the Junkers the cold shoulder if, say, they were directly challenging Bowex or BMM, but in Rhienland, the corporations aren't actually related to the governments in any way save the fact they're all operating from the same space and originated from the same place.

So yes, there may be some patriotic/jingoistic leanings about protecting home corporations, but nothing official that would dictate the military as a whole's policy. So the Rhienlanders dislike of the Junkers is for some other reason.

Afternote: Unsure if Discovery has changed the status quo here. The above is based on extensive single player campaign wanderings.
I remember perhaps the /restart corsair having a neutral Zoner Guard rep, please correct me if I'm wrong.

This does not follow the "GUARDS HATE EVERYONE EXCEPT THEIR OWN FACTION" rule.

Rep Ninjas require careful finetuning.
I know this thread is getting a little bit old, but just had a small question: Are the IMG IDs now getting repninjaed to be hostile to BMM now too? I've been finding that any IMG char I take through Bretonia now gets its ass wholloped whenever it goes near any lawful station.

If there's a BMM NPC around, EVERY base, tradelane, planet and ship goes hostile to you. I've now had to resort to ye olde method of cruising from one edge of a system to the other, regardless of whether it has tradelanes - something I don't think the IMG should have to do IMO.

Just wondering.. I haven't actually played in quite a while, so my chars may need a little repfixing. It's just appears that all 7 of my IMG chars have BMM to red now, when I swore only 2 had this problem last I played.
' Wrote:I know this thread is getting a little bit old, but just had a small question: Are the IMG IDs now getting repninjaed to be hostile to BMM now too? I've been finding that any IMG char I take through Bretonia now gets its ass wholloped whenever it goes near any lawful station.

If there's a BMM NPC around, EVERY base, tradelane, planet and ship goes hostile to you. I've now had to resort to ye olde method of cruising from one edge of a system to the other, regardless of whether it has tradelanes - something I don't think the IMG should have to do IMO.

Just wondering.. I haven't actually played in quite a while, so my chars may need a little repfixing. It's just appears that all 7 of my IMG chars have BMM to red now, when I swore only 2 had this problem last I played.

I have the exact problem. Can a admin confirm this change? Thank you.
Pages: 1 2