Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings!

Bit about me, 21 year old, live in Australia, played the FL story line through twice, first time on a FL online multiplayer.

I have played FL single player the last few days to see some of the changes the MOD has made. I am simply put amazed at the hard work that has gone into it, and all that hard work this community has put into it really has paid off.

I have also been reading this forum almost religiously to understand the laws of the Sirius, what the factions stand for and the general rules on the RP environment, and to be honest I feel daunted in the task of finding my place in the community.

While obviously a noob, and while I lack any skills or deep understanding I am looking forward to this new adventure. Introduced to this community and game by XTriton, I hope to do him proud and this community proud.

Please post me any links you think essential to my "study" before I dip my feet in. Also anyone interested in helping my RP character story develop in line with Sirius's story please let me know, and I will send you an outline of my plans.

Kind Regards,
Geoff (Gideon Anderson)
feel free to pm any active community member on the forum. i'm sure most of them will be willing to help you.

read the rules, play by them, have fun.

and .. ummmm ...

what'cha wearin' ?;)
[Image: bear.jpg]

Hey there.
' Wrote:>snip<
what'cha wearin' ?;)

Enough to have you use your imagination :P

Thank you for the kind welcomes so far.

Kind Regards,
Geoff
I'm gonna quote Aerelm's speal cause it's easier, and it's a very good speal:
' Wrote:Welcome to Discovery!
or, Should I say ... Welcome to Discovery 24/7 RP!:PSee ? Its a Roleplaying Community, No one really cares about size of your ship or numbers of kills you get per day! We all are here to have fun And to Roleplay! So, Always put Server Roleplay in the first place, and dont go out seeking PvP ... cause that is not really encouraged around here.:)

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID ? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment ? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
When you are In Game and need help, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)

And yeah, welcome.
Welcome!

Quote:I have also been reading this forum almost religiously to understand the laws of the Sirius, what the factions stand for and the general rules on the RP environment, and to be honest I feel daunted in the task of finding my place in the community.

While obviously a noob, and while I lack any skills or deep understanding I am looking forward to this new adventure. Introduced to this community and game by XTriton, I hope to do him proud and this community proud.

Good to hear that!
And if you dont want to stay independent, search for a faction you would like and join them its always mroe fun then flying around alone :crazy:
Welcome to Disco!:yahoo:
A new guy that's into RP!

WOOHOO!

Welcome!!
Yellow, have fun, here on Disco, see you in space:P
Another Aussie, eh? If you go around Kusari, you'll find many Australian players Online!;)
Also get ready for ANZLAGZ, Because from what I see, Aussies have a bit of hard time on Server - Which makes them RP more, PvP Less!:P

Also, I'm a 'n00b' myself when it comes to RP Stories and Character Backgrounds and such, but if you had any question, feel free to PM me, I'll either find an answer myself, or point you to someone who can.:)

And ... *Points at tazuras' post* ... What he said!

Enjoy your Stay!;)
Pages: 1 2