Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello everybody
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello

I am completely new to Discovery Server and I must say,new to a Roleplay server as well.
However,I have played in other servers for around 4 years now and so I am not new to Multiplayer FL. :P

It is no longer possible to find a server with so many players and with such a good mod, I am impressed with the large player base here and more so with how well the server is managed and run by the Admins.

I am one of the leaders of a clan playing on a server that has fallen to bad times(like many other FL servers have) and we hope to relocate here after we have explored the mod and understood the RP dynamics here.

Looking forward to finding my place here.:D

-Geromix
Greetings.

Read the rules, play by them, but most importantly - have fun.

also:

what'cha wearing?
' Wrote:Read the rules, play by them, but most importantly - have fun.
Looks like everything really important is said, so have fun here!
Welcome!
Welcome to Discovery!
Good to see a 'more experienced' player finally finds his way into Disco!
All I can say is, Good Luck in using your 'Pew Pew' Skills and gaining new RP skills! and you mentioned a Clan ... I suggest you read about already existing Factions on Wiki, and join one of them, if any is close to what you did back in the other server - instead of making a new group.
(Because some factions have already more than enough player groups in them to choose from)

Also, Check these Links, They might come in Handy;
  • Complete Version of Server Rules
    - Reading and Understanding all these (Even though it might get a bit confusing in the beginning) is essential for Survival (!) on this Server!
  • Technology Usage Chart
    - Want to make a New character with a Specific ID ? First read the ID and its restriction carefully, then check this chart to see What Ships and Guns you can use with it.
  • Discovery Wiki
    - Need Information about any Faction, Ship, or Equipment ? You'll find what you need here.
  • Server Commands
    - There are many useful Commands available on This server, which are really useful, You can find a complete list on the Wiki Page.
When you are In Game and need help, Look for those nice guys around with [The_Angel] Tag, They sure know how to help you out.
Also, you might like to spend some time reading our Role-Playing Hub And even decide to join in! Remember, Server Roleplay comes first, but then, there is Forum Roleplay, which can be really enjoyable if you are the 'Writer' type!

So, Don't be afraid to ask anything you need, and ... Enjoy Your stay!;)
Have fun on Disco, a new person is always a good addition to the community, good luck!

Thanks all for the welcome. :)

As far as the clan aspect is considered,we are going slow on that as we know many of the factions are being represented by many existing player factions and we also have to learn the various 'subtleties' of Discovery.

But when we become ready,we are thinking of representing some faction in Gallia which remains yet to be properly represented.
We haven't decided on the faction yet,so any help in pointing us towards a faction which you think could be properly represented would be great.:)

-Geromix
Yes, thats a really nice Idea! Gallia sure could use some extra 'population'. The Gallic Factions have so much RP Potential but sadly are partly dying because of lack of activity up there.I suggest you make a Gallic Junker (Junker Guard) or Gallic Civilian/Freelancer and spend some time up there to see which faction needs more love than the others, and join that faction!
(If you ask me, Brigands and GMS could use some new members to kick their activity level up, But, Sadly Gallia is so empty that joining any faction would help, no matter which!)
Hey Geromix welcome! You can recognise me by the Shilone in my sig :D:D
Oh, hey Geromix.

Remember Alex from the old AoF forums? Yeah, that's me.

AoF moved to Disco UK, got official status, but then it kinda fell to inactivity a few months ago. I've seen Crusader and Zomane around on these forums and ingame on the main server though, we should see what we can do to get a branch of the clan here again, UK really wasn't big enough for a freelancer group.

I'll try and get EXisTence, DualKatanas and Steiner linked to this topic aswell...

EDIT: Although, as this topic shows, Crusader's reputation isn't a great one...
Pages: 1 2 3