Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Orca gunboat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well i have tryt most of the changes io could think of and for an anti gunboat ship is the orca not that good at it i think.

Maybe i have overseen a certian type of weaponry setup and if thats the case i shure would like to know,

My setup now is

1 Forward gun
2 Bounty hunter turets
2 cerberus turrets
1 battlerazor
1 bounty hunter turet
1 Reinfoced cruise distruptor
1 heavy counter mesure dropper

Hope someone have a beter setup wich i can try cause i am totaly out of ideas for that ship

With friendly greetings from Freeway
want anti fighter or anti cap?

for anti cap (gunboat or bigger) i used:
4 pulses, 1 razor and 1 missile (to keep bombers away)

for anti fighter:
4 BHG gb turrets, and 2 missiles

for anti piracy (p trans w/bomber support)
2 missiles, 2 pulses, 2 razors
Ok thx i gonna try the anti fighter i think i didnt had that setup yet.

Ofcourse more options are welcome
2 Basics shooting only backwards and the rest all BHG turrets.
Want a really "Stupid" Suggestion from someone who never flies anything larger than Bomber, but knows the "Basics" for it?

Use only Pulse and Razor, they sure are harder to aim and need much much more skill than chainfiring GB Turrets - But if you learn how to use them, They'll be deadliest weaps on a GB.
Triple Razor basically kills Any Shieldless Fighter/Bomber ... so, 1 Pulse and 3 Razors is all you need to kill anything. (With a bit of practice)
And put a Pulse and a Razor for backward firing hardpoints.

That way, You'll have a "Pwnboat" instead of a "Lameboat" you'll get if you use Full GB Turrets and chainfire anyone to death!;)
Agian all thx for the sugestions it wont only help me but other ocra gunboat flyers to .

Remember just keep those setups coming i write them all down for use/try
Uh, a full loadout of cerbs, anyone?
Cerbs will help kill shield and maybe armor, then use the foward gun while you're on their six.
However I haven't tried it out that much yet.
Full BHG Turrets, I hav a Orca, and its a good GB, just need to Turret Steer alot and make sure you hit your target.

[Image: digging_grave.jpg]

An almost 3 year old thread, that has to be a record
Pages: 1 2