Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Skype PTT software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, just wanted to bring something to the attention of all of you that use Skype to also vocally communicate with each other (if you all don't know about it already).
Also if this is in an inappropriate section of the forums, I apologize for the mistake beforehand.

I found a program that runs alongside Skype and provides push to talk capabilities like those found in Ventrilo etc.

The program can be found here: http://nudua.blogspot.com/2010/01/skype-pu...l-released.html

It can be bound easily to a keyboard or mouse button and while it appears to have a 'delay', the un-mute bar is merely cosmetic. I have tested this with a large number of friends privately as well as all together and everything seems to work correctly.

I'm pretty sure if I'm RPing with someone and my dad comes in and tells me to take the trash out, it's gonna feel pretty OOC. This is one option for eliminating those issues that pop up with having an open mic.

I hope you all find this useful.
you dont really RP with someone in a call do you? thats what ingame chat is for. plus, if you want to make skype into a push to talk based software, you're better off using teamspeak 3 or ventrilo- both eat up considerably less amount of bandwidth as well, and the quality of sound is exceedingly high (yeah, ts 3 is actually pretty decent thankfully, have had to use it for EVE when doing alliance-wide fleet ops)