Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: no Special Letters and Chars!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why is the board repulsing any attempt of using special chars and letters?

I can't use umlaut names for my rheinland chars
I can't use accent letters for my gallic chars.
I can't use Cyrillic letters for Coalition affairs,

nothing!

hell, I can't even use an euro symbol in ooRP conversations!

PLEASE fix it.

Indeed, and if it's possible, give Opera-user the option of using the Rich Text Editor as well, please.
' Wrote:Indeed, and if it's possible, give Opera-user the option of using the Rich Text Editor as well, please.

People actually use the Opera browser ? I thought that was an Internet myth.

A & L Guy
I think we cannot use those Letters because of Forum Rules, so that People wont be talking in random Languages.
eh? I could use any language without these letters. Je peux parler francaise oder deutsch as and when I wish. The lack of those letters doesn't keep me from doing that. Rules and Mods do.
However, its fairly annoying to use the workaround letter combinations for char &/or RP names. Plus some symbols who aren't related to those rules at all are missing too.
I don't know what Symbols you are talking about. Even the Euro Sign works (?), for the Language, I don't mind that I have to use ae, oe or ue instead of the known Letters. It's in Fact to prevent People using their own Language on the Forums.
- Everything must be written in understandable English.

Russian Letters? You don't need those, because no one can understand what they are meaning. If you still want to use them get GIMP or Photoshop, type there, use a transparent Background and post them as Picture.

Rheinland? As said, use ae, oe and ue instead.

Gallia? Normal Vocals work too.
well, you may go on using these substitutes if you wish so dearly, I won't keep you away from that. But promoting to use german and french names and expressions without allowing to spell them properly doesn't seem to make sense.

You're right on the Cyrillic though. Might be a tad too exotic (although I wouldn't say 'no').

Cute Euro Symbol you have there, by the way.
' Wrote:Cute Euro Symbol you have there, by the way.
It works in the Preview Mode. :mellow:
позволю себе не согласиться
I'd actually support this notion. There are vital letters for char RP that are not supported by the forum while random ones (such as japanese or cyrillic) are. Same applies to that in game, although I doubt it can be changed.
Pages: 1 2