Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New Signature needed, $75,000,000 sound shiny?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, hullo, ladies and gentlemen.
Cadmus here with another lovely signature request.

A new ship means a new signature, and my old, rather more greyfaced styles were beginning to annoy me Seeing my pristine, uppity face of almost a year past wore on my nerves until I could have it no more! No, sir, I could not. Thusly, I come here to ask of you talented artists to design a new communications signature for myself, featuring my new vessel, and perhaps my face if it strikes your fancy. But... certainly not my old face.

Right, first off.
The best signature's designer will gain fifty million credits. Probably more if you do a half decent job.
The second best will gain ten.
I can choose not to take a signature if I wish, in which case both of the "best" designers will gain ten million credits as a consolation prize. I doubt that will happen, but I still reserve that right.

Guidelines now!
This one's another humdinger, probably harder than the last.
Hugs.

A) I'd like it a wee bit smaller than the maximum size, so I can stick text at the bottom.
It should also be 65 pixels smaller than maximum width, as Fnordnet transponders do take up a bit of space.

B) The signature will have a picture of the "Reaverized" Firefly from the film Serenity. This is not an option. I shall supply you with one sample photo if you don't want to go looking for a better one. I'd prefer if you did, however. It must be a shot from the front or side-front, not the rear.

C) If you feel that the picture is complemented by my presence, you may place a photo of myself in it. I will give you two links (1 and 2) of myself for your usage. (I really like 2, myself.) Note that myself and Dr. Gaius Baltar of "Battlestar Galactica" fame share uncanny similarities, therefore searches for images of him will likely produce quantities of images of myself. Note that any picture of excessive uptightness (like this, this, and this) are not desired at all. I've given you examples of the sort of photo I'd be wanting of myself.

D) The entire picture, save perhaps my most excellent portrait (whichever you should use) should be tinted something of a rather dull colour set (excluding red) that is somewhat dark overall - however slight or heavy the tints is comes down to your decision. Browns, greys, and ambers work somewhat well in addition to reds... if you make it look decent. Or you may drop this idea entirely and convince me it would look better otherwise.

E) My ship's name, the "Dragonfly" should be added to this signature, tastefully, of course.

F) You can see how sleek my old signature is. Selena is absurdly talented, yes, but that sort of shinyness isn't exactly what I'm going for. Shiny is shiny, but not in the way my old signature is.

The rest is rather open, content-wise.

Hounds of war, go to work.
I can answer questions here.
Oh that ship is gonna be a pain to cut out. I'm gone all tomorrow, but will give it a crack on Sunday.
As I said, you don't have to use that exact still.
I'd rather you look around the film itself for a shot that might suit you - with today's technological... liberties, it's not a difficult film to locate for one's perusal. There are several shots of the vessel against a whitish backdrop. I assume that might yield a somewhat better image for you to work with if you're adamant about cropping it out.

I'm looking forward to your work, anyway.
I'm also looking forward to anyone else who might choose to grace me with their skills.
Greetings, Cadmus

I'm certainly not up to the task, but I did come across this,

Google images, very first page:

http://ongoingworlds.files.wordpress.com...irefly.jpg

Might be a start fo the more graphically-inclined.

Cheers,
Reg

' Wrote:Greetings, Cadmus

Not what he was looking for...
' Wrote:Greetings, Cadmus

Might be a start fo the more graphically-inclined.

Cheers,
Reg

Ah, thank you. I'll save that for later, if I ever need a picture of the standard Firefly - it's the best one I've seen so far. As it is now, though, that's unfortunately not what I need... there's a variant of the ship from the movie Serenity, that looks somewhat different, the "Reaver camouflage" version, as it were. That's what I'm looking for in this signature.

Good find nonetheless, and thanks again.
Here's a bit of a bump, in case there's some signature designers who haven't seen this.
I realised that I might be a demanding bastard, so I've increased the base payment by a hundred and fifty percent - it's now $75,000,000.
Hmm * scratches chin* i may have a crack at it.
will give it try,
Pages: 1 2 3 4