Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need two questions answered.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure about the first question, but I think I know how to help with #2.
' Wrote:2) I have got this Ion Cross character Editor but I can't seem to chose Freelancer Discovery systems or ships, like the battelships. Instead all I can do is have the basic ships and some battleships but classed as 'SPECIAL'...

How can I also get discovery items on the list of tbhings to edit?

IONCROSS files can be found in C:\Program Files\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\discovery4.85\IONCROSS\ -OR- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\IONCROSS\.
Copy those GAMEDATA .txts into your IFCE folder (C:\Program Files\IONCROSS Freelancer Character Editor\).
i play on 1366x786 with -dx.

what works for me is when you dont go directly into multiplayer menu on startup, but start a new single player game. the screen adjusts there and then all os okay.

try if it works for you aswell
' Wrote:Hello,

These are my questions:

1) My computer resolution are 1920x1080 pixles. In game on options the highest I can go is something like 1280x960 (32 bit). However this still leaves my game details to be blured and the in game text out of place. I try to use the Cannon method of changing the properties and putting -d1920x1080 after the target. This works but it makes the game go all out of place and stupid. The options like 'Multiplayer, options, new game, load game' etc are all huge and in the multiplayer search screen the boxes overlap.

How can I get it so its just right. I am on XP Professional. Do I need Vista, W7?

You have to follow a set procedure everytime you start Discovery FL up :
1) Start the game from the shortcut with the -dx setting applied.
2) When game is at main menu, select "Start a new game"
3) After the initial landing animation is done, go back to the main menu
4) Now select Multiplayer, and all is correctly initialised.

' Wrote:

2) I have got this Ion Cross character Editor but I can't seem to chose Freelancer Discovery systems or ships, like the battelships. Instead all I can do is have the basic ships and some battleships but classed as 'SPECIAL'...

How can I also get discovery items on the list of tbhings to edit?

Thank you,
Ramierz

Included with the Mod there will be a folder named IONCROSS containing the necessary datafiles for the IONCROSS utilities. When you have applied the Mod, the folder is copied to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\IONCROSS".
Open that folder and copy all the files from there to "C:\Program Files\IONCROSS Freelancer Character Editor", overwriting the existing ones.

A & L Guy
It's also important to note that all ships don't appear in there, even with the Disco files.

IE: The Barge. But, you can beam yourself to a base that sells them, so I guess it's more of n irritant than a real problem.