Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to avoid losing your characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
registry errors are fixed, my computer once now says 'oh, WINdows, yeah, i recognise that now' and starts up properly again.

Q1. How long do you have to be logged into a character so that you don't lose it?
I hear ten mins, but cannot find official confirmation.

Q2. Do I have to log ten mins on EVERY character on an account, or just one on the account?
i have heard both.

Q3. How long since last log-in-over-set-period-of-time before the char is wiped?
60 days?

Q3b. Is the char wiped or the account?
Q1. 5 Mins I believe

Q2. Yes

Q3. 60 Days I believe

Q3b. Char
New characters need at least 10 minutes and 1 second of flight time within the first 7 days after creation, otherwise they will be wiped as disinterested characters.

After the 10 minutes and 1 second flight time within the first 7 days criteria is fullfilled, the character inactivity wipe comes into effect.
It is currently set to 60 days, but might be reduced to 45 days in the near future.

We recommend that you log in to each character at least once every 30 days or so, in order to be on the safe side.

Remember, you need to log in to each character you want to keep. It is not enough to just log in to a character on the account. The wipe is done PR. character.

You only need to log in on the character for 5 seconds, in order to reset the inactivitywipe timer.

A & L Guy
So you don't need to undock?
Q1. How long do you have to be logged into a character so that you don't lose it?
The total online time for the character needs to be at least 10 minutes BUT this doesn't mean that when refreshing/logging your characters you have to spend 10 minutes per character.

Use this procedure for a new character (i.e. a bank character)
- Undock
- Wait 11 minutes
- Dock
- Log out.
The character now has at least 10 minutes total online time and you can use the following procedure to keep it alive.

Use this procedure for each character:
- Buy or sell a nanobot
- Log out
- Repeat for next character.

Q2. Do I have to log ten mins on EVERY character on an account, or just one on the account?
EVERY character has to be logged but not for 10 minutes. See above.

Q3. How long since last log-in-over-set-period-of-time before the char is wiped?
The official answer to this is 60 days.

Q3b. Is the char wiped or the account?
The character is wiped.
When no characters remain in the account and the account is not banned then the account is wiped
Can A&L's statement be added to the rules section to displace any further myth and confusion, i thought it was ninety days due to a post by Cannon in a Skype chat.
Is this 10 minutes minimum time the same for using the give cash command?
Actually, its 40 days before a char is wiped.
' Wrote:Actually, its 40 days before a char is wiped.
Wow.. Great story bro!
You know that better than the resident server monkey, and the resident server janitor. I bow for your omnipotent knowledge, and wonder how we could be so mistaken.
I think both Cannon and I need to visit the optician to have our eyesight checked, after both of us have misread a 4 for a 6, when looking at the server configuration wipe parameters.

Thank you for setting us straight.

A & L Guy

P.S. Sarcasm and irony has been sprinkled lightly onto this post.
' Wrote:P.S. Sarcasm and irony has been sprinkled lightly onto this post.
*Starts choking on excessive amounts of sarcasm dust*

*Mimes "help," points at his throat*

*Keels over and dies*

Pages: 1 2