Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: What is sirius common knowledge about nomads and Wilde?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Soo this is inspired by some of the stuff in the ghost thread and some RP I had with and Order indy recently, What is sirius common knowledge about nomads and Wilde?

Do people know what their ships look like? All of them or just some of them?
Do people know about the hypergates and the Dom K'vosh?
Do people know that they are all bioligical?
Do people know they communicate telepathically (or whatever) and can influence people minds remotely?

Oh and I think I will break up 'people' into three groups:
  1. House military/intelligence agencies.
  2. Sirius Civilian pilots
  3. The Council and the GRN (if you feel really brave).
So yeah, have at, feel free to contribute as little or as much as you like and dont feel you have to answer everything, as it is a long question.

Thanks!
These are just my opinions, and as you saw, many people hold many different opinions.

House Militaries/Intelligence Agencies;

-Yes. All of them.

-Dom K'vosh, yes. Hypergates, maybe, maybe not.

-Probably not. Bretonia and The Order would, as they've both studied Nomads extensively.

Do people know they communicate telepathically (or whatever) and can influence people minds remotely?
-The Order probably would, Bretonia might. Others probably not.

Civlians;

-Probably not, but if they saw them, they'd probably know who it is (humans don't make blue squid-like ships..)

-Dom K'vosh, yes. That was a subject already being researched by Bretonia before the Nomads were revealed, and they had uncovered a large amount of information on the Dom K'vosh. See: Prague in SP Campaign. Hypergates, no.

-No.

-No.

Council/GRN;

-Probably not. Most information on them comes from the Junkers and other spies, none of whom are in positions to learn much about the Nomads.

-Dom K'vosh, yes. Hypergates, maybe.

-Probably not.

-No.
Quote:Council/GRN;
Quote:Do people know about the hypergates
Quote:Hypergates, maybe.

You know something ! What is the secret ? Did they found Hypergate in Gallia Core systems ? zOMG ! I'm so curious about it. :crazy:
Outcasts, Order and Mi5 know alot....

Id say those are the key factions that know anything about them..
You forgot that the LSF/LN would also know something about them, seeing as they encounter them in Alaska and dealt with them during the Nomad war. Also, the Rheinlanders are the only ones with an actual scanning device to determine infection besides the Order, so it'd seem they know a lot.

Kusari is full of ignorance however;)
About the council/ GRN knowledge. The passage through the minefield has been open for over a year now in RP, I would think that just normal civilian traffic would bring in a lot of information at that point.
' Wrote:About the council/ GRN knowledge. The passage through the minefield has been open for over a year now in RP, I would think that just normal civilian traffic would bring in a lot of information at that point.
Normal civilians don't know enough to pass along any reliable information. Nomads are still largely a mystery to most civilians. They know they exist, but not much beyond that.
' Wrote:Kusari is full of ignorance however;)

Takagi, the artifact trade, Tohoku. The Kusari have been studying Nomad related material for some time. The KNF fight Nomad ships in Tohoku every day.

KNF Pilot Rookie: Commander, uhm, whats that large rock with the arch on it over there?

KNF Pilot Veteran: Thats Takagi's Arch, we dont know what the hell goes on out there.

Now really, come on, you think a house wouldnt be investigating something like that since well you know, since it 801?

Zelot's right, which is why I said all the house militaries, except Gallia's, would know plenty about the Nomads. All the houses had to deal with them personally except Bretonia, but they have done more research and for longer periods of time than the other houses.

To say Kusari is ignorant of Nomads would be to say Rheinland is ignorant of them.. Neither is true.

Civilians, yes. Governments and militaries, no.
' Wrote:Zelot's right
Pages: 1 2 3