Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Appauled! ADMIN SHAMBLES!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Just the other week, i assume most miners and players alike will remember the fiasco we had with selling items and commodities and getting no cash right? well fair play to the GM's, Admins and Dev's who sorted it out and refunded the difference. However during the course of the last few days, mainly sat/sun i have been mining over in Copperfield in Colorado, and getting copper (as one would expect). The problem is, that i have the mining ship with a hold of 2751, takes about 30-40 mins to farm a full hold, now i returned to houston to sell the hold, moored up, spoke to the commodities trader, got kicked :S OH WTF i though. So i relogged, checked my hold, all gone, ok great i thought, next batch, repeated the same process, farm, fly, sell, again upon selling i got booted, so this time i relogged and checked hold, all gone but this time i actually looked at credits and would u know, still only 2 mill! By this point i should have made at least 64mill... So ok, benefit of doubt, try once more, same again farm, fly, sell... get booted. By this point i am 96 mill down and pretty annoyed, so qith perfect timing an admin appears, mentioning no names, so i discussed the problem with him, even clarified the problem via PM to him on forums. Came back on tonight and no reply, no posts, no pm's no mail. ok i thought, theyre busy, so i logged on, flew out to copperfield, begun mining..... whoa.... no copper! so low and behold, the same admin is online, i asked why no copper? did u look into the problem we discussed? his reply.... stunning.... its late, i have to go, yes copperfield is empty... read info card, should never have dropped, it was a bug all along! then bam, off he goes! Now i dont mean to sound whiney or anything, but i am annoyed, half a day wasted, a bug pointed out to GM's, and a total loss of just short of 100million! And then to be spoken to like that, from an ADMIN! Sorry no, its bang out of order, i wouldnt have minded at least a thankyou, maybe compensation for the loss of credits that the bug cost me, But no, nothing and my oppinion of GM's on this server was pretty high, for their honestly and swiftness to sort things out, but after this, my oppinion of that one specific Admin has hit rock bottom, total CBA attitude!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the long post, just had to get that off my chest! i dont mean to rant and rave, but a little gratitude wouldnt kill! after all i devoted time, effort and credits to this bug and what for?

Thanks

PrezidentEvil/WarGazM
bah

EDIT:
The admin in question spoke to me about this I think.

I've tried to write a more thoughtful post, but I just don't have the energy. I interpreted your post as: "I spent 2-3 hours on a game server and due to some bugs I didn't make any pretend money."

Making 100 mil per hour in the copperton field was a bug. I made the decision to nerf it. The admin you spoke was merely relaying this information. I'm not sure how else he could replied to you. If you have any suggestions as to how better to reply, please suggest them here.

EDIT2:
Please consider using paragraphs.
Strange that a bugged field would produce copper thrice. No idea what the admins said nor should it be disclosed due to the vanishing man things.

I'm with you that mining then not getting any profit is VERY aggravating, I've been there many a time.

There needs to be a rant section though. At least its off your chest. I do suggest better grammar in the future though:lol:

C+
Admins police the server, not iron out bugs. Report that, and let the dev team work it out, unless it's FLHooked, then it is Cannon's <strike>fault</strike> job.
The only reason that you would be getting drops from a field that has been shut off server side is if you had a modded file.

Would you care to scream and rant some more at us, or would you care to get banned now? (And before the rest of you laugh, we had someone do that in game already - in front of an admin that a field we'd shut down wasn't dropping like he had 'made it' drop....)

Oh, that guys banned now.

EDIT: Actually, in thinking about it, if you were in game when the FLHook mod was made, then it's possible that you could have still been able to mine, but once you were kicked, you shouldn't have been able to get anything again.

Remember, boys and girls - that's why FLStat and FLCompanion are nice, but not always effective - we control things server side.
Well yeah thats quite a fair comment, however if i have modded files, then u supplied them, i'll send u my files if u like, i dont tamper with files, ure admin told me that it was a bug! Dont get blaming me, cause would i really report the error if i had modded files???.... nah i'd continue to get ore at places it shouldnt drop. Please dont even go there, i dont mod files, its low and pathetic! i simply reported an error/bug and that was apparently the outcome, i dont know ure admin didnt stay around long enough to explain!
To be fair tho, you can ban me, slate me, do what ever u want, it will never change the fact that i did nothing wrong, just following the mining routes on the wiki thing, and all of a sudden, im being accused of modding files ROFL! please, i wouldnt know where to start! lol either way, if it makes u feel better mate, u ban me and wipe my name accross the forums as the guy who mods files.... im telling u now, i did nothing and its a server-sided error that has now being fixed, and yeah i dont get drops anymore, but what im saying to u is that i dont appreciate helping find bugs n stuff when all i get is slated and called a cheat! well next time i find a bug, i'll keep my mouth shut and exploit it then shall i? at least then u will have a real reason to ban me!
Chill out. Everybody chill out.
Quote:Would you care to scream and rant some more at us, or would you care to get banned now?

haha! way to go, champ. I know he wrote quite the wall up there, but you should actually bother to read it and empathize before making your self popular.
Sorry, but why should i chill out, when i helped u guys, i get spoken to like dirt ingame by and admin, then this other admin comes on, thinks he knows exactly whats gone on and puts 2 + 2 together to get 100000, and then blatently accused me of modding, no sorry, i have a reason to be p*ssed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5