Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: IS this a rule, if not should it be?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Howdy to all, we've all had the Gank here and there, and ya wanna know who's famous for it, YEP! Liberty's law enforcment.

I wanna know, is it NOT aloud to enter a battle half way through if the 1 Vs 2 battle is on. For an example, I just fought some liberty gunboats and all of a sudden a cruiser comes! when it was a balanced fight (i was in a outcast cruiser, but the gunboats were grouped and prepaired), why should somone just come in with this line "backup has arrived" when its not their fight!

Now i know im typing this from anger but still, when i was in my gunboat, i watched a LN fight a LR and stayed out of it. SO! I want this to be the final stand, IF THIS IS NOT A RULE IT SHOULD BE! There is no RP! its just "backup!" then boom!

So, am i the only one who thinks such a rule should be enforced if it exist or made if it does not?!

Imputs please, admins and moderators as well would be nice for a little information.
there is sorta a rule about it which is the" shouting engaging or halt is not sufficient RP"
so running in saying only ONE thing is against the rules.
but i do agree that if someone if fighting a fair fight you should stay outa it even if you try and rp you way in.
I think its just not their fight at all, once a battle begins, it should be between those that started it.
Its bad form to help your side when its a balanced fight but not against the rules as far as I know. I know [LN] frowns on it and if you contact their leadership they will look into it.

That said. You had a Outcast captial in Liberty?
Alright let's put it this way, as I was one of the "gankers".

You darkgravity, I am assuming by your in game comments, were in the Storta. You had a Rogue gunboat and a Lane Hacker gunship on your side.

We had the Bottlenose I was in, a Liberty gunboat, and a BHG fighter. There was never any cruiser involved on our side.

You're right, poor baby, you got "ganked". Argue if you want, I'll just post the screenshots. Don't mistake lack of skill on your part for overwhelming enemy forces. By all rights we should have been smashed. I spent no bats or bots, the Liberty gunboat only spent a few.

Have a nice day, and I appologize for the "gank". We'll try to make sure it doesn't happen in the future.
' Wrote:Nah, no need for more rules. People should use their <strike>common sense</strike> Whatever.
No we didn't use any common sense at all, we should have never attacked them with the forces we had. The BHG fighter showed up halfway through the fight.

A gunboat and gunship vs. a destroyer, gunboat, and gunship?

That is a total lack of common sense on our part. But hey, we won, sometimes you get lucky.
Err... Ganking being in bad form or not... wouldn't a cop, upon discovering a cop fighting with a criminal, jump in to help the other cop rather than to spout some time consuming monologue before sitting back, potentially allowing the other cop to get killed?
pipboy the reaver Gunboat was on my side, but only to get the liberty, the other was not. he had a bone to pick with a bounty hunter. Anyway, no, this was a diffrent case where a cruiser came :D not our battle.
' Wrote:Err... Ganking being in bad form or not... wouldn't a cop, upon discovering a cop fighting with a criminal, jump in to help the other cop rather than to spout some time consuming monologue before sitting back, potentially allowing the other cop to get killed?
In reality yes, and here in Disco we do. But we also try and maintain some sort of fair play.

If the criminals are totally overwhelmed with lawful firepower, we try not to keep sending more in. It just makes the game no fun for people and ruins their experience.

There is no rule against it, it's just common courtesy not to gank.
pipboy

there seeems to be a mistake, there was another occasion hehe, im not worried about our battle, twas a good fight, i only got anoyed when another fighter/ bomber guy came thats all, though he didnt last long. You fought well.

However, The case where a cruiser came in anopther battle, thats just well...should be common sense or just a "little" rule.
Pages: 1 2 3 4