Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Escape Pods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 12554882291997776806.jpg]

Yes, these things allow you to escape an imminent structural integrity failure and get away from your exploding ship in time, alive.

So this other day I was RP'ing with some pirate as a trader. I was being a total douche and tried to bluff my way out of the situation or at least piss the pirate off. When I mentioned the fact that even if they destroy my ship and I'll still escape without so much as a scratch in my escape pod, they said "Oh we can easily tractor your pod in or even blow the defenceless thing up." I wish I could say "Really? My escape pod is a top of the range model made by [company] with an array of ECM and advanced propulsion systems." But I couldn't.

This sparked an idea in my head. Who manufactures escape pods for all those ships in space which have a good chance of blowing up daily? Do ship manufacturers just slap on one of their own designs regardless of quality? Is there a Sirius-wide distributor speciallising in escape mechanisms?

At the moment, every encounter that invovles the destruction of a ship automatically ends in a miraculous escape of the victim due to game mechanics, unless the player wishes otherwise. But this is not the point. It would be nice to have a range of different escape pods as commodities in my opinion. The escape mechanism company can even develop into a full fledged faction with unlimited RP potential, kind of like a Renzu that doesn't fail.

Congratulations for reaching the end of my sophisticated, verbose styled post.
I make 'em, in my backyard, on the weekends, yours is fine and "Top-of-the-Line" (the Outcast ones not so much).
' Wrote:(the Outcast ones not so much).
Oh, of course. A nation plagued by low birth rates never bothered learning how to make a good escape pod to preserve as many of those people as they can.

Wait what?
Perhaps you could do some leg work and make a suggestion to the Dev team. A few of the civilian line ships were renamed and presented as having been made by the Renzu corporation of Kusari. Perhaps you could do make up something similar for Bretonia/Rhineland/Liberty for the manufacture of the lifepods.....
' Wrote:Oh, of course. A nation plagued by low birth rates never bothered learning how to make a good escape pod to preserve as many of those people as they can.

Wait what?
Amen.

We have the best escape pods.
[font=Courier New]I [color=#FF99FF]haz one.

[Image: 23tshmu.jpg]

[font=Courier New]Ke[color=#99FFFF]KeKe.
You know what sucks? YOu cant mission grind cargo anymore.
' Wrote:
[font=Courier New]I [color=#FF99FF]haz one.

[Image: 23tshmu.jpg]

[font=Courier New]Ke[color=#99FFFF]KeKe.

D:

HEY!!

YOU TOOK ME IDEA!!!111
I'm going to make a faction based around the manufacture of these magical devices. Unless you pay us one mil with each of your characters, your ship will be deleted should it die in order to represent your pilot blowing up in the fiery explosion that used to be his or her fighter.

' Wrote:Amen.

We have the best escape pods.

Outcast life pods have some much protection, they could fly around in one and destroy everything!

Like odd Daleks... but you know, less cool.
Pages: 1 2