Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So, my friend and I were discussing today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bare with me, people, I don't know jack about computers. But my friend is a crazy geek that's soon going to the MIT and loves that kind of stuff.:P

I didn't understand too much about his techno-babble, all I managed to understand is that making the servers Peer-2-Peer possibly was a raise to theoritically raise the server population to an unlimited number. The way he explained it, it was way too complex for me, and I don't know if it would even work for Freelancer, but eh, just throwing that in.
This is rather useless, you know.
Sounds interesting, though. Quite interesting indeed.
Although, I have no idea about servers, so this might not work and all, and Cannon might have already crossed it off the list.

If not, get him over here to explain this to us!
And today, children, we learn about the dead horse...
[Image: beating_a_dead_horse.jpg]
[font=Fixedsys]G[color=#CC0000]ET IT?
Didn't masternerdguy post something along these lines and then get eaten?
It was way too complex for me to understand anything, really, but for him, it made so much sense it scared me. It was something about using P2P for player interaction so rather than having 2 billion different messages sent to the server, there would just be 1 via P2P or something. I'll try to call him to see if he can explain me. <_<
Trust me in this one - I'm not intending to be rude or obnoxious, or throw any weight around. If we CAN increase the limit, we would. (And we are working on something right now that may or may not actually work.)

However - if you specifically raise the limit above 200, then FLHook starts doing ... weird things, and server stability goes into the toilet. Until that time - and trust me, we'll announce it when it happens -

Master / Schlage / Chubb - whatever - this one is done. (Also to prevent mindless +1's, too.)