Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: This weeks hypothetical scenario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This shall be a touchy subject, and open to debate on both sides, if you want to post, all I ask it to try an be open minded.

In this scenario, Cruiser, Battle-cruiser, Battleship and Carrier class ships in Discovery will require approval from the current or a modified system through the SRP bureaucracy. In this scenario, factions AND independents are able to get approval.

There are pro's and con's that I am sure you are aware of. No system is without one, but let us picture how it may or may not effect the server and its populous as a whole.

In my eyes, the battle class capital ships should have better role-players and would cull the problem of grievers or pure combat oriented players.

On the downside, there may be more bombers, gunboats and gunship class that would try to compensate for the limited access to true capital ships.

But I haven't put too much thinking into the future of this scenario, since I'll leave that to you, the players.

Feedback? Please, please be civil.
Hmmmm,

Interesting thought. I shall dwell on this.
I can picture two scenarios. First the server would die due to inactivity after all the lolwuts left after finding out they could not buy that shiny ship they powertraded weeks for. Second every lolwut would flock to the faction with the best gunship and flame wars would erupt everywhere, separating the "elitists" who had big ships from the rest of the people ending with even more people leaving either due to the awful environment there'd be in the community or just plain Q_Q.
nothing special about it if you get a PvP server to outsource the capwhores to.
I'm guessing the people that didn't like others flying their caps all the time would go around in groups of bombers and completely obliterate them all... Not good.
' Wrote:I'm guessing the people that didn't like others flying their caps all the time would go around in groups of bombers and completely obliterate them all... Not good.

eh? in Rheinland and Bretonia, we keep our neighborhood in line by doing just that. for years now, actually.

Impossible task for the rest of sirius, of course.

Edit: lolwut.
I'd get a new Gunboat and enjoy the pew-pew.
' Wrote:I'm guessing the people that didn't like others flying their caps all the time would go around in groups of bombers and completely obliterate them all... Not good.

Bring a capship into the Sigmas, it's the approximate GMG| response.
I would probably advocate my proposed change to the SRP system more.

Then I would list out how ineffective the change is, and "request" a change back.
There will be a lot more gunboats and bombers flying around, meaning anyone that does actually get a Cruiser or Battleship won't be able to use it without getting mobbed by smaller ships. So anyone that had an SRP for a Cruiser or Battleship probably wouldn't fly it all that often.
Pages: 1 2 3