Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to aquire a guard ID.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello.

I have been playing discovery for a few weeks and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

I have been searching the forums to try and find out how one acquires a guard ID. I haven't found anything of any help yet . If I have missed it, could you please point in the right direction, or give me a link.

If there is no such thread or post, could someone please explain how one gets there hands on these pesky little items.

I am particularly after the rouge guard ID, as I would very much like to purchase a scylla (Rouge destroyer) now that have enough money to purchase a decent cruiser.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - If I have posted this in the wrong place on the forums, I am very sorry, I couldn't really work out where to put it.
You can try send PM to n00bl3t

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showuser=16966

or this topic.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62798

Actualy most guard iff is easy to get, you just need bribe up allied allied factions or do some missions, use droprep command and so....

' Wrote:Hello.

I have been searching the forums to try and find out how one acquires a guard ID. I haven't found anything of any help yet . If I have missed it, could you please point in the right direction, or give me a link.

If there is no such thread or post, could someone please explain how one gets there hands on these pesky little items.

I am particularly after the rouge guard ID, as I would very much like to purchase a scylla (Rouge destroyer) now that have enough money to purchase a decent cruiser.

P.S. - If I have posted this in the wrong place on the forums, I am very sorry, I couldn't really work out where to put it.

First off, Rogues can no longer have Destroyer's without a SRP. (Or did I hear completely wrong)

Secondly, to get a guard ID you have to complete a crap load of missions and then head to said faction's guard system to grab the ID.
' Wrote:Hello.

Glad you are enjoying it.

The forums can be tricky.

For most factions, it is mission grinding. For the Liberty Rogues, you can bribe up a lot, but eventually, you will have to do missions.

I do make Guard ID's for all factions, but only at my whim. The only one I like to get contacted about is Zoner Guard ID's.

Apart from that, the Rogue Destroyer requires a Special Role-play request, since the LR Guard ID does not allow cruisers. (I know all about this, as I am currently applying for one myself.)

Best of luck.:)
so not only do I have to acquire a guard ID, but I have to ask a faction leader to help me, then I have to fill out that form, and only then will they consider my request.

Do I have to go through all this for the rouge cruiser?

Does the same go for the Outcast cruiser, or can you just buy one of those?

Thanks for the help.

' Wrote:so not only do I have to acquire a guard ID, but I have to ask a faction leader to help me, then I have to fill out that form, and only then will they consider my request.

Thanks for the help.

I believe those can be acquired freely, just get a guard ID and sign in in the cap list (if the Outcasts have that). Just don't go stomping around in Liberty or generally far away from home, you're a cap, not a smuggler or regular Sabre.
' Wrote:so not only do I have to acquire a guard ID, but I have to ask a faction leader to help me, then I have to fill out that form, and only then will they consider my request.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, you have to go through all that for a Rogue Destroyer.

For an OC Destroyer, all you need to do is make sure you have enough reputation to purchase the OC Guard ID.
I have seen outcast destroyers in liberty on many occasions (the same one I assume).

Outcasts have a large presence in liberty, surely this is enough to allow an outcast cruiser to be present in New York.
' Wrote:I have seen outcast destroyers in liberty on many occasions (the same one I assume).

Outcasts have a large presence in liberty, surely this is enough to allow an outcast cruiser to be present in New York.

If you have a good RP reason, go nuts.

However, the LR- as well as the lawfuls will most likely shoot at you. Also, you have no place to land in Liberty.

The action of flying an OC Destroyer in NY is extremely frowned upon, mainly because the vast majority of forumites have this as their only expression. (Well that, and indigestion. Very similar.)
And to top it all off the Scylla will seriously humble you if you don't know how to handle one.:)
Pages: 1 2 3