Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Notice: Player sanctioned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nathaniel.Valentine has been sanctioned for breaking the following rules
Quote:3.3 Out-of-character (OOC) chat must not be used in system or local chat. OOC communication in group or private chat between players will cease if one player requests it. Admins are free to communicate with any player at any time.

3.4 Threatening other players with reports and sanctions, attempting to pose as an Admin and using an Admin's name without permission is not allowed.
You have been fined your guns.

Admin link: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63918
He was pretty OORP for assisting a Order against me. I never threatened with a sanction i just said in private what he did wrong and left it at that.

All i recieved was abusive comebacks from the person and that was it.

I wasnt gonna file a report because its a last resort. This player clearly doesnt understand the meaning of that. He reported because i was trying to help him?

This is ridiculous. Can i have the evidence please.
Diplomacies aren't black and white, the BHG is fighting the Order for a reason, to get their hands on Nomad technology, oh look you're an infested GB, I reckon that's justification enough for the BHG to go after you first. After which he would have to have been fighting off Order to stop them denying him the kit he's trying to get ahold of, and this is exactly what happened. Second to that, biggest threat first. LR have been known to do this with Xenos and the LN. Nobody ever tried to claim we were breaking the rules. Why? Because we weren't. We were simply being sensible. As for the threatening, it's what all that PMing boils down to.
I personally think this went over the top. I tried to help by giving him advice.

If i remember correctly -

0.0 Be excellent to one another. Consider the people around you. Keep fair play in mind. It's a game and nothing is gained, or lost, save the experience. Credits can be re-earned. Ammunition replenished. If you become infuriated step away. If you make a mistake apologize. If you wish to remain in system after you die, or after someone has moved away, simply ask.

I was trying to help him not sanction him. Yet for trying to help i get penalised? Where do i see the justice in this?