Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Researchers lack their place?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Researcher ID...and it's just disappointing that we don't have our own faction ("College of Knowledge??") and most importantly, our own research ships. A new contraband along the lines of "Top Secret Documents" by corrupted research stations would be cool too!

Thanks!:)

Edit: Some stuff I thought of...

Ships

Colony Ship

A battleship size colony ship with air domes and a big farm dome in the center.

Wildlife Preservation Ship

Looks like a freighter but has air dome cages that look like pods.

Critical Response Research Ship

A liner that's used for biological warfare testing, needs Slaves to test on or something.

Commodities
Top Secret Documents - By the legitimate research bases.
Forged Documents - By the corrupted facilities.
Human DNA - Human blood of different types all in one crate.
Animal DNA - Used for inhumane testing/cloning.
Syringes - Could be high priced for those druggy Outcasts, but valuable for medical centers in remote parts.

Make a faction then?
Please move this to the Mod General Discussion. Fits better there . =)
PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF JASSY, DO NOT BUMP THIS
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...3&hl=CAXANS

But it exists. Or rather, existed. I vote we renew it. Not really an overall researcher group... Only Nomads and company. Well, Xenology, but... Anyways. Don't bump it, or I'll cut you, but I'd welcome the introduction of a more umbrella group or the resurrection (making of a new thread for) of CAXANS.
:haha:Now that's a hijack!
Er... Not really. It's perfectly relevant. Only instead of getting A, you got subsection A-2. Anyways, in reference to your colony ship idea:

http://www.discoveryfl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jinkusu
Each of the 4 original houses and Outcasts have their own research station that I know of (Bretonia and Kusari have at least 2) - that I know of. I think the possibilities are quite wide. Researchers are usually also welcome on Zoner bases.
There's a reason to why there're very few independant researchers. Scientific research requires a lot of funding and expertise which is very difficult for someone to acquire outside house corporations or militaries.

That's why you mostly find researchers working alongside of corporations and factions, whether or not they're really dedicated to their faction or they're just taking advantage of the finicial resources of the faction is totally debatable.

Simply put, researchers will have a very hard time unless working with factions.