Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Vista problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok the main problem is that I can't play freelancer with Vista Bussiness version.

Heres the full list of what I have tried so far:

- Setting up Vista firewall and Norton-Anti Virus firewall to allow freelancer.
- Disabling all Anti-Virus/Firewalls (Turning them off, NOT Un-installing)
- Disabling Windows Defender.
- Read the discovery forums, other internet forums, the offical microsoft site and asked others.
- Searched for other people with the same problems.
- Runned the Freelancer .EXE file with admin rights.
- Runned the Freelancer .EXE file with "compability XP Service Pack 2"
- Threatned Bill Gates with a sharp Ipod to fix freelancer for me.

This is the list I'm not allowed to do from my dad:

- Not allowed switching back to XP, since all the computer garranties goes of. That means if the computer breaks or screws up when using XP, We DONT get refunded for the money paid for all the equipments + the comp.
- Not allowed to un-install Norton-Anti Virus since my dad paid 90 days for it.

Succeeded so far:

- I can Install freelancer
- I can get the mod to work
- I can get online in Skype/MSN/Internet
- I can connect to the Global Server in freelancer

The main problem:
When connecting the global server all fine. I see the server list, now here comes the problem; Whenever I click on a server , any server whatsoever I get the same error message.
Real Quote from the game:

"I'm sorry, but a connection could not be established to that server. This is usually caused by a server going offline when you attempt to connect to it. It may also caused by internet problems. Please try again later.

As you can see. I tried everything... And yes this prooves my addiction to freelancer! Please don't post any irrelevant stuff as I really need help.
Well, Microsoft "rocks":P

Dunno what to say, I am not a computer brilliant, try more and you will have success, hopefully:)

Good luck

Glyph

Norton, when disabled, is not really disabled. Its a program bug.

My solution: remove that bloody Windows Millennium II, Norton, and replace it with XP and some other 'real' protection suite.

Other than that, I can't help.
' Wrote:Norton, when disabled, is not really disabled. Its a program bug.

My solution: remove that bloody Windows Millennium II, Norton, and replace it with XP and some other 'real' protection suite.

Other than that, I can't help.

Thats the problem. I'm not allowed to switch it to XP and remove Norton.
Quick stupid question: Windows Millennium 2? How is that? Thought Vista was original...

PS: If you do wish to explain it to me, please do it via PM and please, in a simple way, because my knowledge about computers is very limited:)
Skyrim you have no chance, the only way to fix this problem is either to remove norton or vista. And since you can neither you have no choice but to use the other computer you were using before....
We call it Win Me II because it is a crappy failure like Win Me once was.
Well if I change comp. I got this horrible lag that both me and others have noticed. It was fine before now I gotta choose between skype and freelancer. And even if I do that its still lag.

I think my days are over...
My cousin has vista and I'm pretty sure he played FL on it. I know he has it installed... I could try and ask him if he has norton or not and if it allows him to get on.
I play FL on a vista computer and I suffered the same issue Skyrim did. And there are only two ways to fix it. No way around it, it sucks I know but that's the issue with Vista.
Pages: 1 2 3