Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Discovery 4.78.1 Release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The number of bugs found in 4.78 Final made this updated release inevitable. There is no patch this time because of relatively large number of changed files. Old patches are no longer available.

Download Link

http://www.discoverygc.com/files/Discove....zip.flmod

New in Discovery 4.78.1 Updated Release:

- Marsflyer weapons have shorter range and are less powerful.
- Marsflyer and Rheinland Bomber cost more.
- Issues with Marsflyer and Rheinland Bomber power supplies fixed.
- Swarm is slightly less powerful and consumes some energy.
- Issues with Liberty Gunboat weapons fixed.
- Invisible chaingun bug fixed.
- Shipdealer from Huegenot bases was removed.

New in Discovery 4.78

See in this thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=360

Additional Notes:

This is a beta release that will be tested during the next days. Afterwards I'll send it to TLR. Yes it will be published.

4.78 is already available from TLR by the way. You may post comments about it and view others' comments on this page:
http://www.lancersreactor.com/t/news/comme...elancer&id=3366

Those who bought Marsflyer and Rheinland Bomber before will have to re-buy the ship. Note that buying any transaction ship before re-buying a ship is essential, if you try to sell and buy the same ship you'll get kicked for cheating. I will compensate lost money to everyone who re-buys.
Third time I've had to buy the RH Bomber.....

No need for compensation, though... I don't lose much.
What needs testing:

Marsflyer (New version);
Swarm;
Chainguns - just how powerful they are, each one of them surely works now;
How Solaris chaingun turret compares to battleship, cruiser and gunboat turrets.

I hope someone will find time and test those things out. I'll compensate all expenses if needed. Thanks in advance for your most valuable help.
I have one thing that should be addressed. I heard from a pilot that the Huegenot has 2 CD/T mounts and can possibly have 2 cruiser forward guns. If this is true, don't you think that is a little much?
I haven't tried the .1 patch for 4.78, but i've been trying out the Testudo (Corsair Assault freigter), and i've noticed that it can get stuck when launching from stations (I've noticed it badly at The Ring in New Berlin).
What happens is the front of the freighter gets caught on the bottom door (of the launch bay) when it's opening inward, then rolls the craft so it's facing away from the opening of the bay. Then the doors close before you have control of the craft. I think this only happens on stations with the split swing open doors that open inward.
Marsflyer Review:

Early on, when this ship first came out, it was a god-send. It was fast, agile, and powerful. Naturally, this needed some work to balance it out. Hence, version two.

Version two reduced the speed to normal, and also cut back on the agility. Now, this version was optimal. This ship was special, and gave other ships a chance to take it on. But some felt that it wasnt enough. Now we have version 3.

Version 3 cut the weapons down a lot by ripping out the generous generator. Now the ship can't fire for even around 5 seconds straight (slightly exagerated. Probobly more like 6-7 seconds). It can't power it's own weapons, and has lost much of it's appeal. There is no point in getting this ship now.

Overall score: Started good, became balanced, finaly raped into oblivion. The only reason to buy it would be to strip it of it's equipment.
2Kane: earlier Marsflyer came with ordinary Titan power supply. It had no generous power; it had guns that eat up no power. Therefore they could be mounted on other ships much like nomad guns, which is now impossible. 7 seconds? did you re-buy the ship?

You are *probably* right about the power of its weapons. Reduced more than they should be. Again, waiting for battletests of the existing version.
hey, just about to test the 4.781,
i hope i can sighn on........

give me luck
Manta :yahoo:
OH YEY IT WORKS,
but i died and lost all my weapons
i thought we wernt gonna lose weapons!!!!!!!!!
and all 16 class 10 clasified weapons in my hold

that is magerly unfair
6th rebuy for rh bomber noooooooooo. Can i have compen just enough to rebuy plz?
p.s. nice ships and congrats on everything ive seen so far
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6