Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Help! My characters are not showing up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, so my dad got finaly so upset of at Norton-Anti virus that even he un-installed it. I mean if he dosent like it , then I can't even imagine how other thinks.

And guess what? Now I can connect! But no... Bill Gates isn't giving up that easy! Now when I connect the RP server, I see NO characters? Thats odd. I have bought freelancer. That means when I install it through a genuine disk. The same cd-key must appear right?

Any suggestions please write to me!

// Norton "Hydra" Sucks
Did you re-install the game without backing up your character acct?
' Wrote:Alright, so my dad got finaly so pissed of at Norton-Anti virus that even he un-installed it. I mean if he dosent like it , then I can't even imagine how other thinks.

And guess what? Now I can connect! But no... Bill Gates isn't giving up that easy! Now when I connect the RP server, I see NO characters? Thats odd. I have bought freelancer. That means when I install it through a genuine disk. The same cd-key must appear right?

Any suggestions please write to me!

// Norton "Hydra" Sucks

Thats wrong each time you install freelancer you get a new id m8.

EDIT,

If you still have the computer that freelancer was first installed on, the one with your chars on, do this.

All programs > Microsoft games > Freelancer > Examine account id

Print that number out of write it down somewhere and keep it somewhere for safe keeping.

Now reinstall freelancer on the new computer but this time when you start the game and you go to use internet and the account id comes up, delete the one thats there and type in the old one.

Your chars then will be there this time.
Oh NO...

Crap luck, mate. Run down by NY and I'll give you cash for a train (assuming I have it...I should...)
' Wrote:Thats wrong each time you install freelancer you get a new id m8.

EDIT,

If you still have the computer that freelancer was first installed on, the one with your chars on, do this.

All programs > Microsoft games > Freelancer > Examine account id

Print that number out of write it down somewhere and keep it somewhere for safe keeping.

Now reinstall freelancer on the new computer but this time when you start the game and you go to use internet and the account id comes up, delete the one thats there and type in the old one.

Your chars then will be there this time.

Thanks man. I thought I had the same ID on both since its a genuine CD. But its true they do change. Luckily i never un-installed on the old comp so I got it all fixed now.

But really thanks for the advice mate:)
Glad you got your char's back:)
Does that mean the Mickey Mouse on speed is back?

Glad you sorted it Sina,

We will chat on skype laters

Cheers
I want to hear what Mickey Mouse on speed sounds like xD