Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: /bank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want a better banking system and this is what I purpose.

/bank
1. /setclientcode <CharName><Code> (4 number code) (This is the code that the bank receives from client not the bank setting the code for the client.)
2. /loan <Char Name><client code><Amount><interest> (Interest is 4 settings which is: 0% - 10% - 15% - 20%)
3. /checkpay <CharName><Code> (Checks the amount left that your client needs to pay.)
4. /lean <CharName><Clientcode><On/Off> (Will forcefully place a garnish amount every time the player makes over 1 million credits which would be 350,000 credits. This lean is placed till it matches the loaned amount plus interest. This is accessed through the giving client code, that overrides the cashcode, if they had set one up.

At this point I think this is enough and more can be suggested. But I will provide a sample of how this would be used.

Gary asked for a loan of 10million

Bank agrees.

Gary:/setclientcode Gary 1234
OK
Gary gives the code to the bank.

Bank:/loan gary 1234 10,000,000 10 (11,000,000)
OK money transferred

It has been a 2 weeks the bank wishes to know how far Gary is to playing the loan off.

Bank:/Checkpay Gary 1234
ok
11000000/0 (Amount owe/Amount paid)

The bank tries to contact Gary to pay but he has been less then willing to talk. In a final effort the bank needs the loan to be leaned.

Bank: /lean Gary 1234 on
ok
payment received 11000000/350,000 (will continue till it reaches 11million if the auto pay exceeds 11million the left over will not be carried over to the bank)

Bank happy.

For every new loan the client must change his client code. Then after a month of not having the previous client code accessed it will auto delete from records. This really gives a more ability to protect your business since from my understanding that admins will not lean fines for not playing the loans. Which I've argued is under the fraud stipulations. But this is what I find as a acceptable alternative to this issue. Otherwise feel free to comment and offer suggestions.

Thank you,

Zigeris.
gary takes a loan of 500 000 000, moves it to another character, and deletes the character that took the loan

bank goes O.o

tadaaa

ps: i like the idea but it needs more thought to prevent situations like this
That would CLEARLY be fraud, and could possibly be detected by admins and punishable through the "Fraud," Stipulations. But I wouldn't give 500million to anyone random that sort of thing would be discussed through the forums, which would be a dumb idea since the bank knows your forum account.

Edit: Client code associated with account ID would solve that issue. Yes, I know they can transfer the amount to another account ID But really there isn't much you can do against stupid, which is those who think it is okey to steal from others.
oh wait you mean bank being a player aswell?

sorry thought it would be a bot.

makes sense now, actually
I don't see what's wrong with the current Admin driven loan system, but meh.
Quote:I don't see what's wrong with the current Admin driven loan system, but meh.

Cause not all of us who have RP/Faction banks are Admins.
Yes, but the admins protect loans of over 100 mill that are done in RP. All other loans should be enforced in RP through the use of bounties and what not. I really dont think a mechanic is needed. I do like the lean thing, but I dont think every character/faction would have the power to do this kind of thing in RP.
Quote:I do like the lean thing, but I dont think every character/faction would have the power to do this kind of thing in RP.

Really if money system in sirius is anything like today, and I'll go further to image also, that our "credits, debits and other means of electronic money transfers" are purely tangible to collection agencies. And or directly to the bank. Really the fact that this would help keep the process more formal and won't allow people to dick around RP banks with slacking off payments and all. Also the 100million protection I have yet to see an notice about this. Unless I've misread something somewhere, which I may have, I would want that in solid post by admins stating this.

But back to the /bank. The mechanics would make it easier to have a stable bank system and allow a more formal approach to the Banking RP. While most have to be done in RP, backing it with in game mechs would be nice too.
' Wrote:/bank
1. /setclientcode <CharName><Code> (4 number code) (This is the code that the bank receives from client not the bank setting the code for the client.)
2. /loan <Char Name><client code><Amount><interest> (Interest is 4 settings which is: 0% - 10% - 15% - 20%)
3. /checkpay <CharName><Code> (Checks the amount left that your client needs to pay.)
4. /lean <CharName><Clientcode><On/Off> (Will forcefully place a garnish amount every time the player makes over 1 million credits which would be 350,000 credits. This lean is placed till it matches the loaned amount plus interest. This is accessed through the giving client code, that overrides the cashcode, if they had set one up.

If you draw cash from someone everytime he has some, you will prevent him from earning more cash by trading since he will not be able to buy goods on stations and planets. Paying for repairs or ammo B/Bs would not be possible either.

Something would have to be implemented not to render a ship useless once the cashdraw-function is activated.
Loans are admin protected? Since when?!