Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rules: 4.2 VS 5.3 a.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here is the story.
A recruit is trying to raise his reputation with a guard faction and enters the guard system. He is below level 30 and with a recruit ID. He can't buy the ID from the guard faction yet but he is already friendly (green).
In the guard system there is a pilot who knows that the recruit is trying to raise the reputation and be in the same faction and that he is already friendly but he kills him just because he is in the system. (RP included from both of them)

Quote:Rule 4.2 Factions and Guard IDd players are free to tax, fine, pirate, and destroy any players who enter their respective guard systems.
We see here that guard ID players can kill anyone in their guard system. Are recruits like all the others though?

Quote:Rule 5.3 Characters that are level 29 and below may only be attacked if at least one of the following conditions is met:
a) They do not have a civilian ID. Recruit IDs should be respected if the person is using it appropriately.
So here we see the rule saying that a recruit ID player should be respected. We also have this rule explanation from Agmen.
Quote:This whole rule is pretty self-explanatory. If a civilian is in a guard system, they're fair game regardless of level. If they have a recruit ID, you may as well leave them alone, since under their ID, they CANNOT initiate an attack on you. If for some reason the civilian attacks you and actually starts to hurt you, then you can defend yourself.
It is pretty sure that the admins make clear that a recruit is not like all the other pilots and he must not be destroyed in the guard system.

What do you think?
Guard > Recruit.

Depends on his IFF. But if he's an allied recruit there's no point in killing him.
No IFF recruit? GTFO
The recruit doesn't have IFF yet but the guard ID pilot knows exactly how much reputation the recruit has.

He is green to him and his highest reputation is with the guard system's faction. That means that recruit's highest reputation is the same faction the guard ID pilot belongs to. Allied recruit yes.

Recruit ID with IFF? This is why the recruit ID is i think. If you have flashing reputation (IFF) with the faction you want, you don't need the recruit ID.
' Wrote:If you have flashing reputation (IFF) with the faction you want, you don't need the recruit ID.

Not true for the ZTC (maybe some other factions too) where attaining the Guard IFF is not the end of repfixing only the 1st stage.

Edit: voted no, by the way. Sounds like the recruit was repping for the guard faction that the ship who killed him belongs to (i.e. using the ID appropriately) ...kinda silly for soldiers to shoot at recruits wanting to join their army, imho.
Quote:Not true for the ZTC (maybe some other factions) where attaining the Guard IFF is not the end of repfixing only the 1st stage.
True.

This is not our subject though. If a guard ID player can kill a friendly recruit in his guard system by the rules, is.:)

Admin interpretation: Guard > Recruit as you have already been told Cdys.

Get the ID then get the ship. The recruit ID has confused this issue somewhat but this is the principle we have used for many years.
I'm going to agree with Ivan, but only on the last sentence. There are other ways to get the IFF. Missions, missions, missions. Then you can go and get the correct ID.
I know Guard > Recruit. I never said the opposite.

By the rules the guard ID players can not kill the recruit who is trying to be in the same faction the first players is. Right?

It sounds silly as Askal said Officers killing their recruits.
Get out of guard system with Recruit ID.
Simple enough now?
Yes he can.

I think it's in Agmen's, Rules line by line, thread.

EDIT:

"When you browse through the rules further on, you'll find rule 5 & 6 regarding General PvP rules and ID and Role Playing Engagement rules. When rule 4.2 applies due to being in a guard system, the actual restriction that applies to the Faction and Guard ID'd player is rule 5.2."

Well I'm not sure from this.
Pages: 1 2 3