Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: seeking assitance with a serious problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i don t know if thats the right forum for that. but i was kicked 2 times today by the console. reason for that was "possible cheating". now it makes no difference saying that thats the least thing i d do - especially on a RP server, - i m completely lost here.

bulldog said that i had cargo issues and something corrupt in my FL files. but i ve been with the very same files for over 3 weeks now, never had a problem, and i haven t changed a single thing.

when did that stuff occur? - first time jinx was in new tokyo buying niobium - and being kicked right after hitting the buy button (4400 container transporter) - upon logging back, the operation was rolled back and i was in new tokyo again with zero cargo. so far so good, i filled it up again (niobium) no problems that time, and headed out - thats when i was addressed by the admin. we worked it out - and i sold the stuff and headed to NY for a close scan. everything appeared allright.

then ... after 3 full trade routes niobium/diamonds berlin/New Tokyo. i switched chars to a lowbie to do a few missions. someone in NY was killing nawful NPCs at the .. i think the southhampton shipyard and i just ran my beam through the remains of scrap metal.

i then had 1 rogue pilot + 29 scrap metal in my cargo hold (30 units, avenger fighter) - no exceed cargo - and docked at the battleship... missouri? .. the one close to the yard. - upon selling the stuff, hoax ( alt char ) gets kicked by the console - same reason.

so naturally the admin gives me a tell - and i must not have that thing happen one more time. now if i was intentionally cheating, i d most probably take the hint and turn it off to not get a ban. but since i m at a complete loss what causes the problem, i m a little afraid to log back in now and do ANYTHING at all. has anyone encoutnered the same problem some time? or any advice?

here s what i did after i freshly installed freelancer:

fresh copy of freelancer
install modmanager
install discovery latest version
activate discovery ( no other mod EVER touched )
run freelancer for quite some time without any problem...
got cash for some bigger ships and wondered remembered there was an option to alter the viewport ( means to look at the ship from a farer away distance )
unchecked the discovery mod to get the discovery options up
switched to "far" .. but left EVERYTHING else default
played plenty of hours without any problem
at that time - i was checking out ship models with a CAD program - like mentioned in my post here on the forum - so i knew what the ships looked like - but since i just looked at them with a view- tool, i don t think that altered anything (?)
then like 10 play hours later, i get the first console kick and the problem with the cargo space
logged out - uninstalled discovery, set viewport to medium (default) and rechecked it on .. i even deleted EVERY other mod offered by the modmanager
now, 2 hours later - same problem still - and an ultimatum about not having it happen again

:( ... so what can i possibly do? i think i won t log back untill i have some way to fix the problem - being addressed a cheater by the console is bad enough - but risking to loose the account is momentarily just too much risk to try out ways to solve my problem by trial and error.
have you altered your files using a cheat from websites to help you get ahead?

Does anyone else use your PC other than you?

are you using FLMM to install the mod?

have you got any other mods activated?

as i said i will wait for you to sort this, i will watch your account for sudden jumps in credits and ships.

anything else ask here on the forums the members will help you:)

Cheers
using no cheat at all (freelancer is easy enough without cheats allready) - i use Freelancer mod manager latest version to install the mod

no one else uses my PC, no other mods ever activated.

the only great credit jump you see on my account is downwards ( sadly enough ) from buying ships and feeling unhappy with them after 10 min and reselling them for 50% of their value.

i ll try to fully reinstall freelancer ( uninstall everything with the softwareuninstaller ) and reinstall everything from the very scratch.

history of the char:
- every step of it can be tracked - don t know if you guys keep a logfile or so. highest cash amount i had was 430mio - i think and bourght a rheinland BS, sold it the same day, bourght an outcast destroyer ( see my previous post ), didn t like the faction, got me an albatros battlecruiser ( didn t like the design ) - and now i m back to a container ship, cause all that trying out ships was pretty bad for my purse.

how i got up to 430 mio. leeds/california runs for a longer time - and new tokyo/new berlin runs for most of it. (roughly 10mio/route back and forth with a 4400 / 4500 containership/large train)
Could the recent flurry of modders affected his files?
ok - i have installed a completely fresh copy of freelancer now, completely fresh copy of FLMM and a completely fresh copy of the discovery mod.

i just got online to check it out ( wanted to check it under the watchful eyes of an admin - but none was online atm ) ...

so far - everything was fine - but there WAS an oddity. i checked both my chars jinx/hoax for irregular signs. Jinx appears OK. cash is just as much as its been, ship is unchanged and all.
but on my lowbie alt char - i experienced something funny. ( note - that i used ALL NEW FILES - i even ran antivir and spybot )

hoax has an avenger liberty heavy fighter. 5 weapon modules + 1 turret .. well we all know it, its a pretty basic fighter. now whats odd is - freshly logged on - i saw that it showed 8 weapon modules. the original loadout was : 3 stunpulse, 2 lavablade, 1 delibrator turret. - what the screen showed ( bottom right where hte weapons are displayed ) was 4 stunpulse, 2 lavablade, 2 delibrator turrets.

now - i m pretty sure that my char ships are saved serverside and not clientside. i flew to NY manhatten immedietly and dismounted the exceeding slots - i got the dismount sound and it popped 2 weapons in one slot. (so i got rid of the weapons - which is a sell value of i don t know - 3k or so which is too much on my char now )

now the ship is correctly configured with 5 guns + 1 turret loadout.

i do not know if THAT is what caused the problem - i switched chars and checked jinx container ship - 12 turrets - no double turret there - but to be safe, i dismounted them all and sold them ( since it was 12 - jinx hasn t got too much cash that doesn t belong there - not like it matters cause the turrets were junk anyway )

so thats all i found out - i don t know if it helps to track down the problem. but maybe the admins can do something about it. if you can - check it out - i won t come online untill i get a comment by an admin here.

note that this happened with a completely fresh copy of freelancer - freshly logged in, all mods in the FLMM deleted before i even installed discovery and activated it. all programs were deregistered from the registry and all remains of freelancer was wiped before i made that fresh copy.

about all the modders affecting me - i don t think so. i don t think there s a way a file could sneak up to my computer cuase someone else was modding around.
You really ought to try out ships in open SP mode before you buy them online. It'll save you a LOT of money from being wasted on ships you don't like.
' Wrote:You really ought to try out ships in open SP mode before you buy them online. It'll save you a LOT of money from being wasted on ships you don't like.
Yeah. That's what I told him too. Trust me, it works.
Where did you download the latest mod from ??

May sound like a stuped question, but alot of hackers out there... hehe...

i m quite convinced that there s everything fine with my downloaded files.

the mod was downloaded at lancersreactor.com and so was the the FLMM.
' Wrote:i m quite convinced that there s everything fine with my downloaded files.

the mod was downloaded at lancersreactor.com and so was the the FLMM.

Jinx;

The mod file I downloaded from Lancers Reactor was hacked to include the speed mod. It got me into a bit of, err, trouble, you might say.
Download the mod file from www.discoverygc.com.
Compare the file size between the Lancers Reactor and Discovery downloads. If they are different, you've got a hacked file.

Shadowfox
Pages: 1 2