Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Runaway Salvager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure who designed the Salvager, but it's a really cool looking ship, the only thing is I have one very small complaint with the design, as I'm sure all of you know what it is.

The hook on the bottom of the ship seems to have this ability to snag every piece of debris in a cloud and slingshot it into one of the rear areas next to the side engines, causing the ship to nose up and crash into every rock, metal, or station as it flies, even with autopilot on.

Is there anyway we can get this hook taken off (or at least made smaller) for 4.86 so I'm not spinning out of control when I'm trying to scrap mine. Thanks.

~Leo
since i have made the salvager - i guess i should reply here. if the hook causes spins it might not only be the hook itself but a problem with the momentum and effect on the mass of the ship itself. - many a ships appear to spin easily around their center axis when hit by pebbles, much easier than they ought to ( if ever )

taking off the hook is no option i m afraid.

what "might" be done is to get rid of the hitbox extension there. - but after well over a year - you re the first one that mentions that problem....

only if its really serious i d consider meddling with the hitbox - as any attempt to do it might render it useless and require a lot of work to get a working hitbox again.
I got rid of my salvager because it was too annoying to fly after the profits dropped.
That happens to more Ships and not only the Salvager. Live with it or get a different Ship.