Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cannot buy ship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there. I have a problem with buying a ship...

I made a new character, restarted him (first to Liberty, then to Bretonia), went to FP6 and got an Indie Trader ID, and was about to buy a Large Transport at South Shields Refinery...

The problem is: I can't.

I unmount the ID and scanner before attempting to buy the ship to be able to move it to my new one...
After I move it during the buying session, I mount it to my new one, and click on Buy Ship.

BAM! ERR You cannot buy this ship because because you do not have the correct ID.

I'm puzzled why the dealer goes NO U on me. Any ideas?

Char name: Mikael.Akerfeldt

Many thanks in advance!
It's not a bug, its a feature.
If the ID says you cannot have the ship, or you have No ID, the thing will not let you buy it. This is also the case if you are 'red" on the tech chart to the selected vessel.
That said, if the Large train is fully within the ID restriction, then it is indeed a bug. give me a minute to check

EDIT: Yep, Indie traders are limited to 3,800 cargo. Is the ship you are trying to buy more than that?
Nope, Albatross has only 2000 units.

The ship is civilian and is allowed in the tech chart as well
' Wrote:Nope, Albatross has only 2000 units.

The ship is civilian and is allowed in the tech chart as well
Do not unmount the ID before going into the purchase screen.

Procedure :
Old ship has the ID mounted.
Select ship to purchase.
Go to purchase screen.
Shipdealer will unmount scanners, shields, guns etc that do not fit with the the new ship. Shipdealer will also unmount your ID. These items will be on the right side of the screen.
On the left side of the screen, go to the tab where the ID normally would be mounted (third tab afair).
Transfer the ID from the right side to the left side.
Mount the ID on the left side.
Buy the ship.
Profit.

A & L Guy
AH! Now it worked! Thanks a lot! I'll remember not to unmount it beforehand.

Kudos to ya!:)