Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Missions against Nomads & The Wild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been playing discovery for a few short weeks and, all in all, i am pretty happy and satisfied with it. But I also noticed a couple of things that I'd like to point out.

For instance, I haven't seen generic Missions against Nomads and The Wild anywhere. Which I found kind of puzzling. Especially in the Nomad Systems it would make sense, that The Order had missions against either the Nomads or The Wild available. Likewise I found it kind of odd that the mod history tells about an invasion of The Wild into Rheinland, that could be apprehended, yet not a single Rheinland Base is offering missions against The Wild. Same goes for Kusari.

According to the Wiki, Ryoko Base in Tohoku should have Missions available. Yet, that is not the case. I am asking myself "why are there no Missions to do on Ryoko?" after all, there are The Wild forces active in Tohoku that could be fought against.

Obviously I now about the RP value for being secretive and all but... I still think these options should be available, especially for the ones who like to play singleplayer a lot whenever they can't access the net or are travelling.

It would be really cool to have that added in a future update. Likewise, it would be pretty awesome if Missions were available in the Guard systems... it's pretty dull there otherwise :-P
Yeah, it doesnt make sense. It was majorly stopped because of the leaders of those factions didnt want their 'babies' to be pilot-whored. But it happens anyways...

It would be nice, but this has been brough up time again.
The Order's Isis really needs it too, because they only have like ... 1 mission at a time. Its dumb...

BUT. I have found RARE Wilde Missions on Yanagi Base in Sig-13.
The Wild in Rheinland are deep in the Omegas, so no Rheinland bases would give them.

The Wild in Tohoku technically don't exist, they are covert, the Arch is dead as far as anyone knows.

The Nomads, I dunno, would make sense for Order missions against Nomads.
I contest that last post.

I was repping a transport in Rheinland a while back and got a mission that suspiciously said "Destroy enemy fighters", not "Unioners" or "Bundschuh", just "Enemy". Got there and a pair of very well equipped Wilde bots ripped me to pieces. Hasn't been repeated since.
Yeah, there are some odd missions, things in Disco that don't make sense.

The Wild around the Arch in Tohoku have Rheinland names.
Yanagi and Kyoto both give missions against Scorpions and uber-hax Valkyries last I checked. As do Meerbusch and Recklinghausen, ironically enough:lol:

Order missions against the Nomads wouldn't be a bad idea. Zoner missions against the Nomads has also been suggested now and then.

Oh, and as for

' Wrote:Yeah, it doesnt make sense. It was majorly stopped because of the leaders of those factions didnt want their 'babies' to be pilot-whored. But it happens anyways...

We're quite aware that people will farm Wild/Nomad NPCs. Kinda inevitable when they swarm over people's bases and stuff. As far as I'm aware the Nomad and Wild players haven't objected to missions being offered against their NPCs, at least not on the grounds of attempting to prevent people from acquiring Nomad remains.
I for one don't care if missions are made against Nomads/Wilde.

I just warn you that there's the off chance you'll fail them. A lot.

Funny how you fail missions when you've been slaughtered by a Nomad.
hm, lot of people like farming nomad npcs just for fun, and now you will pay them for it ? ....
Back when I was making my GMG chars I did Wilde missions from Naha in Sig-13. I'd be terribly upset if they are gone since GMG and Wilde have history together in Sig-13. (Check Rheinland News).
' Wrote:hm, lot of people like farming nomad npcs just for fun, and now you will pay them for it ? ....

I dont see what is bad in that...

I consider this idea a good one, but missions against nomads should be even harder than against GRN, and trust me, the GRN missions are very awful... => You could not farm nomads when making missions since missions would have a difficulty ranking...
Pages: 1 2 3 4